First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScaleFlying.DE Tapping out

Message on the Scaleflying.DE page:
    Dear customers

you have probably noticed that our warehouse is relatively empty, air freight sometimes
    takes months and the answers to certain questions could not be answered
    . New models have been announced, but to date not a single one has
    been in production, let alone for sampling. Unfortunately, all of this is due to the fact that no management has been present at

the Roban plant for more than two years . Almost every one of our deliveries was faulty and had to be redelivered, which resulted in delivery times that took months for some customers. Appointments were almost never kept in the last 36 months, they were given instead

we made a lot of empty promises, the last container should have been here months ago.

Arbitrary decisions were made that are no longer acceptable to us
    and therefore form irresolvable differences. Since Roban's insight is close to zero, we can no longer face our customers
    with a clear conscience in this situation . We have a completely different understanding of how to run a business than Roban, so after much deliberation we made a decision. We will no longer continue to sell Roban scale models and will now gradually sell off our stock at reduced prices.

Furthermore, we will sell our shares in the company Roban.

This step was not easy for us, but the point has now been reached where we have to
    draw a line. It is now time for us to break new ground.

Since we still have a lot of spare parts that are not listed in the shop, just send us an email if you need something.

We would like to thank all customers for the last 11 years who have been a lot of fun for us.

Many thanks and all the best

Karsten Illig and the Scaleflying.de team

Wow. Speechless!

Comment

The “reduced prices” part hasn’t happened yet, obviously. If anything it looks like they went up.

Comment

Well I know unless you sign in with your profile (with a US address) all the prices already have the VAT included... but yea I'm watching lol...

Comment

It is my favorite RC heli shop , it is a big los to see that Roban dont deliver on appointment . If Roban realy stops than there isnt a producer off ( almost) complete scale heli models anymore.

Comment

Would be interesting to read MRC’s take on that announcement. Maybe it’s just a Scaleflying/Roban feud and MRC.eu can absorb SFDE’s customer base. I suspect the “2 year management absence” statement solely based on MRC’s fairly recent restocking of long unavailable Robans, but then again they were out of stock for a mitey long time so MRC could be encountering a similar dilemma. Forget toilet paper….Paw Paw’s hoarding gears. 😆

Comment

sfc….that dog still hanging around Louisiana someplace?

Comment

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
                sfc….that dog still hanging around Louisiana someplace?
                At reduced prices he surely is

Comment

Well that's a bummer, if MRC is having the same problem, which I think they are because there are a few parts that I planned on purchasing but since I have gotten into these Roban helis a couple of years ago some of those parts have never came back in stock, so I think it's over for all of us as for keeping Roban scale helis flying, we will soon find out when Scaleflying.de closes up, I was on the fence about selling out because the lack of parts but decided to keep mine and fly them, but now I may sell them after all if MRC doesn't have any better success than Scaleflying.de did.
                  ​​​​
                  ​​​​​​
                  ​​​​​

Comment

Disregard the post I made, did not see this one started....old age :(
                    Agree it does suck, been waiting for Roban to send out a replacement canopy since last summer, that there tells me their not too "customer orientated".
                    We spend countless hours assembling/detailing so it looks so awesome that it draws a crowd over to look at and ask questions.... Who makes it ??? than ask what happened to the canopy?
                    I say, "well it just went that way" and never got a replacement from them.
                    Been sitting on the fence on purchasing the Roban EC-145 Yellow 800
                    But the fence looks a lot higher today!!!

Comment

Well that’s that. Hope something comes along to fill the void in the next couple years.

Gravy

Comment

Ordering directly from Roban would be nice if they actually do have kits and parts available and a customer service dept. and no problem shipping to the USA.

Comment

Good luck with ordering from them. Still waiting on an email to be answered more than a year ago. Sent it multiple times. Their customer service is sub par to say the least.

Comment

Its definitely a major loss to see them go. I can't blame them for being frustrated with Roban though. Parts shipments seem to become increasing harder to come by. I hope Motion can get them back on course. I did see that the 500/600 size fuselages are on a pretty good discount right now. Picked up a 500 size Red Bull BO-105 and highly considering one of their 600 Bell 429s.

Comment

I ordered The Grand Canyon EC130 , my next project and maybe the last Roban heli ( for me)

Comment

I'm going to hold off ordering anything Roban right now, might even sell a couple of mine that I don't fly that much, hopefully MRC will benefit from this and get stock in or Roban is about to close the doors or something crazy like that happens and were all stuck with helis with no parts supply.......

Comment

This is probably a strategy to make Roban do what they want. It makes no sense for them to shoot their only supplier - who else will they go for??

Comment

​​​​​​Going to put my first one up for sale, my black Roban AH-6 little bird , sorry guys I won't ship it, just to much trouble and its huge, but a local pkup here in Ca. would be best, RTF for $1400
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                      ​​​​​​Going to put my first one up for sale, my black Roban AH-6 little bird , sorry guys I won't ship it, just to much trouble and its huge, but a local pkup here in Ca. would be best, RTF for $1400
                                      Well that escalated quickly lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sfcfury View Post

Well that escalated quickly lol...
                                        I've had it for sale before all this actually, but this time it's ready to fly, last time I was going to part it out and didn't have any luck selling it because it wasn't ready to fly, but not being able to buy certain parts pushed me over the edge and the fact that I want to get into 120mm EDF jets....

Comment

Working...
                                        X