X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roban 700 Apache Parts

Well it looks like Roban will probably soon be out of business I’m guessing. I have been waiting for a torque tube and main blades for the Roban 700 Apache for a few months. I found a set of blades at RCaerodyne and a torque tube. but the torque tube ended up being about an inch too long.
    I am wondering if there is anyone out there who might have stocked a few extra parts that might have a torque tube available for me to purchase? That’s really the last thing I need to be flying again.
    someone suggested cutting the torque tube that was too long and using JB Weld to make it the right length. I have no experience with this but my mind just screams “no way!” When it comes to putting it in my $4000 scale Apache. Any thoughts on this? I may be out of options.

Torque tube or torque shaft? The splined shaft would be a little difficult to shorten but the torque tube is easy. Might try emailing Scaleflying.de about the parts as they did mention they have parts that are not listed on the website.

Comment

Hello Pawpaw. I am talking about the tube itself. But I talked with my dad who is a machinist and he said we can cut it and use a another piece of tubing as a coupler to make it the length that I need. So I think that is the route I’m going to go.
      I did email scale flying.de to see if they have any available.
      i’m also pretty bummed about the new blades. I don’t like the round/curved tips. I liked the flat end and the wider cord that we used to have.

Comment

Working...
      X