X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700/800 heli flyers Torque tube question

I will try to make this as brief as I can. Unfortunately I crashed my Roban 700 Apache mechanics while on it test platform. The talk to was damaged and I have been unable to purchase a replacement due to the shortages with Roban. However I was able to obtain a tour tube meant for the cobra. And although it is identical in diameter it is about an inch longer than the torque tube for the Apache. So I am left with two options. I was thinking of cutting the length Of section out of the tube and then using a smaller piece of tube insert and re-glue everything together.
    But I was actually hoping to be able to just cut off the tube to the proper links, and re-tap the thread and screw in the end piece. This would be the ideal, and preferred, method. But these are left hand threads and I have no idea how to identify the size. Is there anyone out there who might know the size tap needed to create the threads?

Before you do, check on another website, measure the exactly length of your torque tube and let them know. Call RC Aerodyne in Kent WA. They should have them in stock or somewhat near the original size,

Comment

Working...
    X