X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 size UH-1N Conversion Servo Linkage Rods

New to the this forum, been building and flying for several years. Just bought the Roban 600 UH-1N conversion kit to put my old Align 600CF into. Pretty straightforward, given the poor instructions. What I've run into now after getting the servos mounted are the linkage rods for the ailerons. The aileron servos are mounted in the rear of the fuselage which makes the length of those rods around 110mm! Is there a good source for those rods or am I missing parts? The UK instruction set from Roban over there is much more detailed than the one that comes with the kit. That manual lists a fair number of parts that are not included in the U.S. version including longer servo rods.

Originally posted by windy019 View Post
    New to the this forum, been building and flying for several years. Just bought the Roban 600 UH-1N conversion kit to put my old Align 600CF into. Pretty straightforward, given the poor instructions. What I've run into now after getting the servos mounted are the linkage rods for the ailerons. The aileron servos are mounted in the rear of the fuselage which makes the length of those rods around 110mm! Is there a good source for those rods or am I missing parts? The UK instruction set from Roban over there is much more detailed than the one that comes with the kit. That manual lists a fair number of parts that are not included in the U.S. version including longer servo rods.
    I believe that your are misssing parts. My kit included the linkage rods for those extended length servo positions. That said, I also ended up cutting and tapping a custom linkage rod with a bent section to stretch around the elevator servo.

Comment

You dont have to use 2 rods , one rod with 2.5mm thread on each side wil do the job. ( its not a 3D heli)
      I have moved the tail servo to the main frame ( see photo) , its lighten the tail . Less led in the nose
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the replies! Helikpoter, that's a pretty unique rudder setup! The two rods I assumed were for the blade grips are long enough (barely) to reach after ball joints are attached. Not much left over for adjustment, but they will work. This is the 5th Roban I've built and I would have to say it has the worst instruction set. The one from Roban in Europe is more detailed as long as you don't expect much when printed.

Comment

I am building/flying for more than 40 years with rc heli's and in the old days the most RC heli's coming from Germany and so i learnd to read German , the Graupner and Schluter ( later Vario & Mikado) kits came in these days with very clear instructions ( it was realy a new era) and we learnd a lot from building and modifying and improving . The Roban kits are made for The more experienced builder who have made several helis
          Stil you need to do some improvements like the to loose bearings need to be locked on the axxes with some loctide, some screws are to short and some holes in the frames also dont have the good size , ik have a brother that makes for me a lot of parts on his lathe and milling machines . My next project after finishing this 212 is the Roban EC130 and i expect that i need to make a lot of modifications with that kit also , But that is one of the nicer things about the modeling hobby ( my Opinion) Now i am setting up the Spirit GTR + Geolink in the 212 mechanics , and if i am satisfied with it , it goes in the fuselage and this bird is ready
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm a retired engineer, so I like tinkering and love the Roban kits. Only exception is the 470 AH1 Cobra, which I'm not too impressed with and will probably sell it. I did have to drill all the holes out on my frames, there was no way the bolts would go through! Minor issues. I've built the 800 size UH-1N rescue, and also the MD500E. The detailing is a lot fun and I'm amazed at some of the work out there! I have this Huey on the build now and converting from DFC to regular FBL has some mods that are needed (main shaft, head, blade grips) and are on order. Today's work will probably be the tail and torque tube assembly.

Comment

Maybe you can show some pictures of youre models here ?

Comment

Here's a couple. Both 800 size. Still detailing on the Huey. I'll see how long it takes for someone to notice the oddity in the Huey photo!
                Attached Files

Comment

Just a note that this Cyclic pushrods are not included with the Roban 600 UH-1 Kits. I sourced out my own pushrods and you can order them 110mm / 120mm from AliExpress.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info, Eawings. I contacted Motion and Ed already replied with the same information. I used a source I have before for custom lengths and just received them yesterday!

Comment

I am Ed.

Comment

Working...
                      X