Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Roban 800 Size B222 Snake Eyes Scale Helicopter ARF Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lighthorse View Post
    Hey sounds good, I have most of what is needed, I think I might still have micro ballons. Yeah, I only use
    MKS HBL850 (Cyclic) MKS HBL880 (Tail),

The rest of what I use for this project will be
    Receiver: SpiritGTR,
    Transmitter: JETI DS-12 (Spirit Edition),
    ESC: KONTRONIK KOSMIK 210 HV,
    Motor: EGODRIFT Tengu 4530HT/510KV
    I use the Spirit Rx in all my Heli's and the Jeti has served me very well.

Thanks for the reply. As I said it has been awhile sense I built a Scale Heli, so I am looking forward to this winter project.
    I will probably have more questions.​
    Oh okay, I keep thinking your a beginner for some reason, sorry about that,lol, you got all that electronic part figured out then, excellent choices as well, so let us know when you get the kit and get some pics if you can, don't see too many of those snake eye projects around.

Comment

True, I was trying tp find some. The last Scale I built was back in the 80's, so yeah, it's been a while.

Comment

I am wondering how well will ths Preform with a set of SAB Maverick 800 Blades? https://goblin-helicopter.com/produc...n-blades-800mm

Comment

I am wondering how well will ths Preform with a set of SAB Maverick 800 Blades? https://goblin-helicopter.com/produc...n-blades-800mm
          Nice looking blades, they may not have the lift you need for these big birds, don't really know actually because all I have ever used are the stock Roban blades that come in the kits, I bet they would work great as for smooth and sound, don't know for scale flying.

Comment

So it sucks about the price difference.... but you truly never know when MRC will be restocked. I never tried to return anything to them (zy that is)... so I don't know how that would go. I got my Roban 800 UH1D from scaleflying.de b/c MRC wasn't in stock. The rest of your components look really solid... I wish I had kontronik esc money! I like my Scorpion tribunus II ESC's...
            As far as the blades... Roban's blades have gotten alot better overall... You really shouldn't need to replace them. The blades that came with my 800 EC-135 are actually really nice.

Comment

I wonder, Will 810mm blades fit the 800 222 comfortably. ther is a nice pro set and an aluminium set.

Comment

Hey guys, Got my Snake Eyes, starting the build. Can someone that has one send me some pictures of how and where the batteries go. I have gone through the manual studing the build process and there is no mention of battery placement. I believe it will be a total of 12s, just dont see how it will fit. I have Gens Ace batteries 60C 5500 but I dont see how they will fit.

Comment

Hey Light....
                  Hopefully the package made it in good shape... I don't have a 222, but most of the 800 size Roban's have the battery compartment under the main cabin floor...

Comment

Yes they did a great job of packing. There is no room under floor. there is not enough under top cowling, so hoping someone that has one can show me.

Comment

Yes they did a great job of packing. There is no room under floor. there is not enough under top cowling, so hoping someone that has one can show me.
                      My 800 Roban Bell 222 had a battery tray in the front of the cowling, just over the top of the pilots. Perfectly sized for 2 5000mah 6S packs next to each other. Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	207
Size:	560.0 KB
ID:	384406

Comment

Yes, I see that, that is how mine is. But none of my 6S batteries will fit there. That is why I need to see how other people did it. I have Pulse and Gens Ace 6S batteries.
                        They wont fit, so is there a different brand that will?

Comment

Nope two of them wont fit

Comment

I don't want to spend a bunch of cash on batteries, Please someone that has one of these, could you let me know what batteries you are using.

Comment

Well with as with most Roban's... dremel is your friend... is the compartment long enough length wise for it to fit lengthwise? If so I would dremel some of the material from the edges to make enough room for them to slip in.

Comment

Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
                                Well with as with most Roban's... dremel is your friend... is the compartment long enough length wise for it to fit lengthwise? If so I would dremel some of the material from the edges to make enough room for them to slip in.
                                Agreed. Or maybe its thin enough to fit in with the battery on its side? I believe I used 2 Roaring Top 35C 5800mah batteries in mine while I had it.

Comment

As seen in the pictures your not going to fit two of those 6S in there. I did find ZIPPY COMPACT 5800MAH 6S 25C LIPO PACK and two of them fit. Someone that ows a Roban B222 sent me a pix and told me what batteries fit.

Comment

Well I don't have one, and crazy enough in the various build feeds nobody really posts their battery placement... I did find this video of 222, you can clearly see the batteries in that top shelf... of course we don't know what size they are...

Comment

Yeah, a guy on FB showed me what he uses,
                                      ZIPPY COMPACT 5800MAH 6S 25C LIPO PACK
                                      Two fit in OK
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                      X