Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kontronik pyro motor

hi all,

Has anyone use/d a kontronik pyro 700-45L on a 700 roban heli? would it be great to get some feedback.

thanks

Originally posted by Usalty2 View Post
    hi all,

Has anyone use/d a kontronik pyro 700-45L on a 700 roban heli? would it be great to get some feedback.

thanks
    Which heli did you plan to install it in??

I have two of those motors, and they are installed in both of my big Roban 800 size Hughes 500 spinning 5 blades, might be a little low KV for a 700, my two blade 700 Cobra is running a 560KV.

Comment

Its for a Roban b407 700 heli. i currently have a hk4035-560kv, i do understand its a highter rpm motor(Roban has it as upgrade from the 450kv) im guessing there probably thinking controller the rpm thru the governor off the fbl unit. but regarding the pryro 700-450kv, was better for the b407?

Comment

Its for a Roban b407 700 heli. i currently have a hk4035-560kv, i do understand its a highter rpm motor(Roban has it as upgrade from the 450kv) im guessing there probably thinking controller the rpm thru the governor off the fbl unit. but regarding the pryro 700-450kv, was better for the b407?
        I also had the 700 Roban Apache spinning four blades, at first it was tested with a 450kv motor but it just didn't have the head speed needed to fly it well, it was changed to a 510kv motor and was perfect, I had about 30% headroom on the ESC, if you do go with the 450KV, you might not have a whole lot of headroom on the ESC, just have to try it or go with a Tengu Egodrift 515KV maybe, that puts you in the middle of motor selection.

Comment

If that's the case, on 4 rotor heads, I wonder why roban would recommend the 450kv motor that under power to begin with..

Anyways, thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Anthony

Comment

If that's the case, on 4 rotor heads, I wonder why roban would recommend the 450kv motor that under power to begin with..

Anyways, thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Anthony
            Your welcome, sorry I wasn't much help, I don't understand either why they recommend the 450KV motor for most of their scale helis, don't know why they recommend cheap servos for the 600 size all they way up to the 800 size helis, I find the better expensive HV high torque servos are way better for the big helis, I don't like the recommended hardware they sale for these big helis either, I think they have people working at MRC that don't have a clue what it takes to build and fly these big birds...

Comment

Working...
            X