X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration in heli

HELP please ……. My flywing 450L heli tipped over while motors were on. The blades dug into the ground and I had to replace 2 of the rubber straps. Here is the problem ………. I started the heli up but had to stop the motors because of the vibration when blades turn. The compass is calibrated, I don’t visually see any bent parts. Is there a way for me to attach heli to h1 interface to possibly solve the vibration problem?

Very few helis can be flown right out of the box. Those that can are very lucky. Did you balance all the blades? Main and tail? The mains should be balanced for not only weight but also for CG. Did you set the tracking on the main blades? If the balance, blade CG and tracking are out, it will vibrate itself into the ground. These are things that every heli should do with any new CP copter.

Comment

All what xviper said and add make sure your blades aren’t over tightened. Also it might be hard to see if your feather shafts are bent, even a little bend can make a big difference. Depending on how hard the dug into the ground, I can see main shaft, feather shafts replacement. I have personally had two 450’s explode mid air because of unresolved vibrations. I learned early thank fully before I got into larger scale Helis that shafts are cheap.

Gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
        make sure your blades aren’t over tightened

Gravy
        VERY good point. I use to use the "gravity drop test". They should be just tight enough so that when you hold the helicopter with the main rotor at right angle to the ground and each blade pointing to the horizon, that when you let go of the blade, gravity should pull the blade downward.

When shops sell you a helicopter, none of the above information is in the manual. It's up to the owner to know this stuff. CP helicopters are generally NOT for beginners.

Comment

I didn’t say anything because, to me it sounded like it was flying smooth, he had a minor crash, and then the issue began. To me it sounds like something bent but could be anything.

Many times it took pulling parts and rolling them on a piece of glass to find the bent part.

Comment

My eyes aren’t good enough to to tell if 450 further shafts or main shaft are bent. I can if they are way out, but even a little will cause vibration. When I first started flying I learned a bag of shafts (main, feather and even tail) were good and cheap to keep on hand.

The 500’s and up don’t seam to be near as easy to bend with blade strikes. What a difference a few mm’s make.

Gravy

Comment

Working...
            X