Callie Graphics

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello my Heli friends. OK looking for a Roban 800 "Huey" UH-1D Army.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello my Heli friends. OK looking for a Roban 800 "Huey" UH-1D Army.

Hello looking for help and guidance. I've been looking for a Roban "Huey" UH-1D Army 800 Size Scale Helicopter - ARF.
    It feels like I've search the whole world and coming up ZERO.
    Does anyone have any ideas???

Cheers Paul

Originally posted by Paul Mroz View Post
    Hello looking for help and guidance. I've been looking for a Roban "Huey" UH-1D Army 800 Size Scale Helicopter - ARF.

Cheers Paul

Well good luck, you can get Roban helis from overseas at times, just not Scaleflying.de in Germany anymore, I bought several from them but they dropped Roban, so there are a couple of places overseas that have curtain ones, shipping is really stupid though and not sure who ships to USA anymore, MotionRC is our only hope here in the US and they only get orders once in awhile, I know I'm not much help but hope you find one, if you do find another supplier let us know.

Comment

Heli Baumann in Switzerland shows in as in stock. They are the European dealer for Roban, and I've been able to get some parts from them that Motion doesn't stock. Shipping may be a killer though: https://www.modellhubschrauber.ch/Fu...&t=4&c=55&p=55. Your best bet is probably to get on the "email when in stock" list and wait it out. Motion seems to get 1-2 restocks per year from Roban, so it ay be a while.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
        Heli Baumann in Switzerland shows in as in stock. They are the European dealer for Roban, and I've been able to get some parts from them that Motion doesn't stock. Shipping may be a killer though: https://www.modellhubschrauber.ch/Fu...&t=4&c=55&p=55. Your best bet is probably to get on the "email when in stock" list and wait it out. Motion seems to get 1-2 restocks per year from Roban, so it ay be a while.
        I wonder what shipping would be to the US, just curious on a big box like that.?

Comment

Hello-
          Another option is Zy hobby on ebay. I've ordered several orders of parts from them and the 800 size OH6.

When I bought the 800 OH6, I bid $2100- and we settled on 2250 shipped. They like to communicate through WhatsApp.
          The helicopter itself was put on containership Oct 28, 2022 and was delivered to me in Louisiana on November 15, 2022.

Here's the UH1D on their store on ebay right now:

We continuously pursue excellent quality. Main blade count: 2. Tail blade count: 9. Body length: 1765mm. Length incl. rotors: 1960mm. Main blade length: 750mm. Tail blade length: 70mm.

Comment

Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
            Hello-
            Another option is Zy hobby on ebay. I've ordered several orders of parts from them and the 800 size OH6.

When I bought the 800 OH6, I bid $2100- and we settled on 2250 shipped. They like to communicate through WhatsApp.
            The helicopter itself was put on containership Oct 28, 2022 and was delivered to me in Louisiana on November 15, 2022.

Here's the UH1D on their store on ebay right now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255998013268?hash=item3b9aabaf54:g:gQ0AAOSwBVRkAc2 J
            Oh yeah, you told me about these guys, I totally forgot about you mentioning them to me awhile back, Thank you sir for the update on that, I actually put my HSD T-33 up for sale, I just got the bug again to build the 800 Huey, I might go with the Marines UH-1N, just need the funds now. MRC may be out of stock though so I may have to order from these guys.

Paul Mroz, your the one looking for one so I hope the link scfury posted will lead you to one.

Comment

DC... you have the EDF T33? How do you like it?
              The good thing about ZY as well... if you start talking to them... they can talk directly to Roban... I have gotten unpainted fuselage parts as well...

Here's the UH1N:
              We continuously pursue excellent quality. Main blade count: 2. Tail blade count: 9. Body length: 1765mm. Length incl. rotors: 1960mm. Main blade length: 750mm. Tail blade length: 70mm.

Comment

Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
                DC... you have the EDF T33? How do you like it?
                The good thing about ZY as well... if you start talking to them... they can talk directly to Roban... I have gotten unpainted fuselage parts as well...

Here's the UH1N:
                I really enjoy the HSD T-33, I sold all my FW 80/90mm EDF jets, just got bored with the same old thing, decided to get into these big Roban scale helis and enjoyed that but then I got the bug for another EDF so I bought the HSD T-33 to try out and it has to be the best EDF I have flown, it flies very well and lands so easy for such a big heavy jet, it is great quality and looks really good on the ground and in the air, the sound is awesome to, it is a large jet to transport but breaks down very easy to do so, makes life a little easier, you will need a long vehicle though.

Comment

What kind of flight times where you getting?

Comment

I was flying with some older Gensace 60C 5000mah pks, I have my timer set for 2:30 but I usually fly past that and land with 3.85v per cell with throttle management, if I stay in the throttle the whole time then 2:30 is all I can get, its not good on batteries, with some new 6000mah pks I bet one could get more flight time, you can fly really slow if needed and use the weight and keep momentum up, it glides well too with the big wing. I may be going to a smaller vehicle so I will need to get this one sold soon, not sure yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mroz View Post

Cheers Paul

MotionRC got some Roban kits in stock if you are still waiting for one of these.

Comment

Working...
                      X