X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusuno Bell 407

Goblin 500 stretched using a 2064 belt from a SAB 1st gen Goblin 700. Very smooth and silent. All my SAB and Nimbus 500-based builds have been very reliable and maintenance-free, thanks to the belt drive. The Nimbus is slightly less expensive. The SAB has a two-stage reduction system while XLpower uses a single-stage similar to Align but its motor mount is adjustable at no extra charge. Using a 10T pinion and 106T MOD1 slanted main gear yields a 10.6 to 1 ratio. They both provide a wide choice of head ratios and a 5 to 1 tail ratio for good tail authority at low rpm using multi-blade heads. I use Egodrift 4025-4030-4035 motors with kV of 390 to 410 in 12s configuration or 820kV for 6s. They are governed by a MSH FCU at head speeds between 1250 to 1350 depending on the size of the model. Last year I switched to YGE for its slow start and better telemetry. Many still have an HW esc but firmware updates are lagging for the V4. I hope the V5 will do better. The radio is either a FrSky X20 or Radiomaster TS16S MKII, ETHOS & EdgeTx. Both support integration with the MSH FCU.

More pics...

Comment

Working...
    X