Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XK K100 3D/6G mode

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XK K100 3D/6G mode

I want to switch by K100 between 3D and 6G mode with my Futaba T16IZ. The radio that comes with the RTF pack (XK X6) has a switch already assigned, but it is not clear what it is assigned to. A gentleman posted a review on the unit and says "I assigned my idle up switch to the 3D/6G function which is controlled by the gyro channel" but did not explain how to do this.
    Any suggestions on how to assign my idle up switch to 3D/6G?

On all the XK micro helis, 3D/6G is controlled with CHANNEL 5, which is a binary control. Any CH5 value above the midpoint is one mode, and any value below the midpoint is the other.
    The needed Futaba protocol is: S-FHSS

Comment

Ridgerunner, have you tried this? If you did / do , what is your setting for the CHANNEL 5 ( INPUT - MIXING - OUTPUT) as it shows on your screen? Do you have 2 lines in the mixing screen? What switch(s) are you using?
      I am using the Alsihanmao ( YOUTUBE) set up but I am using the suggested EXPO settings from John Salt ( YTuber too).
      Now, I just put up a post yesterday with regard of the Calibration of the 6G/3D etc that is done with he X6 TX that XK provides. And I am now
      trying to figure out if it is possible to use some combination of "moves of sticks / switches etc ) " to have the TX16S perform those two functions. I have not found anything about that anywhere.,
      So.
      1/ would one need to use the X6 for that "setup" calibration.
      2/ could a setup method in the TX16S be developed. It's above my pay grade so I am looking for ideas.
      3/ is there still need for these calibrations or can they be replaced with a specific method for the Futaba protocol.

Cheers
      H

Comment

From X6 to Futaba TX TJ8 ...possibly to the RadioMaster TX16S???

This post from me in another Forum several years ago, describes my journey from two different Futaba TX using the XK K110/120 . Now, it dawned on to me that this might also be a good approach for the heli / TX setup for people that are moving to RadioMaster because it does have the Futaba protocol.

It's showing an elegant way to assign not only the D/R and EXPO setting at the INPUT level but also assign the CHANNEL 5 GYRO function which needs at the very minimum a TWO position switch.

So rather than, on CHANNEL, assign the GYRO +100 and GYRO -100 functionality to as separate switch...why not just assign the 6G part to the NORMAL MODE ( Flight mode) and the 3D part to the two IDLE UP setting on your flight mode switch?

I have not tried it yet but it sounds that it might work. If it works, you have only one switch/setting to operate ( for the FlightModes) and the GYRO function is just part of your Flight mode switch settings (6G / 3D).

Have fun trying.

So, I worked on the Futaba TX some more to get the best possible implementation of the XK 120. As luck would have it, another Futaba player happen to be on hand and we substantially changed the switching needed to get all the functionality. I have not had time to write it up but I am ending up with a total of TWO switches that are needed for ALL the functions. First switch is the Throttle Hold Switch ( right top) . The other switch is the IDLE UP switch ( 3 position on left top of TX)
        Basically, the Normal /Idle Up settings are on the 3 position switch and the condition switch which is set with Gyro to 75% and 25%. The Mode switch grabs the 75% Gyro setting in NORMAL and the 25% setting is set to the IDLE UP modes.
        Of course, the D/R and EXPO settings ( your choice and preference) are used and the Throttle settings are set for the Normal mode starts with ZERO ( at there is no soft start in the X120) and is almost linear, and IDLE UP 1 is at 80% across and IDLE UP 2 at 95% across.
        General observation. With these settings, the Normal mode is very usable for beginners , it does not allow inverted flights and it self-rights and the IDLE UP's have all the 3D capability with basically two head speeds if you chose them.​

Comment

Working...
        X