You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought a RadioMaster TX16S for my XK110 - how to calibrate the GYRO / 6G hover setting

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a RadioMaster TX16S for my XK110 - how to calibrate the GYRO / 6G hover setting

So, I have several XK110 and I have happily been using the X6 transmitter to fly them. But, in the past I have size 570-700 helis (Spektrum tx) so a "better" transmitter was
    always in my future. After months and months of reading and watching I decided to go Open TX and I bought the RadioMaster TS16S. And , yep it has been a long way and mysterious process (to a certain extent), to get things to work. John Salt's videos and Alishaman videos have helped a lot. So I am starting to fly the XK110 and it works pretty well.
    I am no trying to find a way to convert (or use) the gyro calibration process and the 6G hover setting calibration from the X6 to the TX16S. And, I can not find any information about it.
    Has anybody tried that or are people just do the Gyro/6G things with the X6 Transmitter, then just fly the XK 110 with that / those settings . I am assuming that these calibrations are somehow following the heli, meaning that the calibration settings are in the heli chip / memory and not in the X6 but...I am not sure of that.
    I am now trying to prevent an attempt to use the TX16S as a calibration tool (using the X6 process) so I won't brick that TX nor the XK110.
    Anybody?

There is a very active K110 thread over on RCGroups and you will likely get a good answer very quickly over there. Here's a link:

XK K110 3G/6G Small CP Heli thread

Comment

Well, things have been hectic. After months of reading up and watching UT video's etc. I decided to take the plunge and get my RadioMaster TX16S updated with the EDGE Software. Not a project for the faint of heart but the result has been worth it. I now have the latest SW and the use of a TOUCH screen on the TX and a "forked" version of the OPEN TX software.
      I am still working on the setup for the IDLE UP modes but the NORMAL MODE is pretty well working as I want it to. BTW there are soo many different ways to set up this sw that it will take a long time just to figure out what will be best going forward . So... take your time if you are contemplating going through this process.

Comment

Good news.

I got my XK110 (helicopter model ) working using the RadioMaster TX16S and - in addition to that - I also got my transmitter working as the TX for my simulator set-up which is my RadioMaster - Spektrum WS1000 (dongle) - Real Flight 8.

There is not doubt the Open Source radios have a learning curve. It's a steep curve so any help you can get from other sources will reduce that effort. Remember Open Source has many options and different ways to cobble together a working model and...that's what I did. It took me weeks to get something that worked even using John Salt and others fantastic video's so it is clear that in the end some of all of these "teachings" end up in a solution you feel comfortable with.

Then, I found this video from Steve K. and I have not looked back. Check it out. This approach suggest to put ALL signal " manipulation" code / logic ( set-up) in the INPUT section so you incorporate your requirements for EXPO and "weight" in that section. Steve was obviously not the only one to recommend that but he also disclosed some NIFTY Open Source capability that he uses in the Mixer part of the process.

I had the flying version up and running - it took about 30 minutes - because I am slow at this - really.

Now, I want to recommend you check out the next part of the setup watching the John Salt's instruction video (Youtube) and use his method to :
        1/ set up (specific to the model you are going to connect) the expo etc.
        2/ set up the correct output parameters ( Output section) that allows you to set the servo mid-point and the min / max of the 8-10 or 12 percent pitch you need for that particular model. AND THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT of course. Here is John's video.

RC helicopter transmitter setup on a computerized radio / transmitter is one of the most important things to understand when getting into the hobby of collec...

But as promised, here is the instruction video from Steve. It's a simple and elegant way to get all your helicopters to fly nicely just by changing the throttle and pitch curves .
        matching the requirements of each model in the CURVES Section and assign these curves in the INPUT SECTION.

Free TX16 Model:If you want I will email you a already built Heli model from my TX16. It will help your learning curve not be so steep, also it will provide ...

My sincere thanks to John and Steve to get these recorded for "prosperity" gems !

Comment

Working...
        X