Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more 500 Fuselages?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more 500 Fuselages?

What happened to all the 500 size fuselage kits? Seams like it’s not only motion that has them no more, but I also noticed other place I’ve gotten stuff from no longer has 500 size either.

I hope the size isn’t become extinct, I really find the size perfect for me.

Gravy

Wow! Just saw that, and was definitely not expecting that.. Definitely hope they will continue to stick them, but it doesn’t look promising. They are my preferred size as well. In the mean time, here’s a few alternatives.

Amazon actually has a number of 500 fuselages. Just search “500 RC Fuselage”. Prices range from reasonable to ridiculous. Looks like they have the Roban UH-1, AS350, MD500E, and EC135.

Tyler Gray Models has the beautiful Buamodel Sikorsky S-51 that is in my opinion, one of the best fuselages available for the price. The kit includes a stretched torque tube to allow you to run 500mm blades on Trex 500ESP mechs: https://www.tylergraymodels.com/siko...er-gray-models

PKM Phuket Hobby Model has a ton of 500 size fuselages (UH-1C, UH-1D, UH-1N, Bell 412, UH-34, S-58T & Westland Wessex, MI-8, OH-58D, Bell 429, Bell 206B, AH-1F, SH-3, AH-64A, NH-90 and a few others in progress). They are custom built to order, contact them through their Facebook page. I prefer to order them in primer and do the woodwork and painting myself. They will do both or either if you ask, but I’ve had quality issues there in the past.

Comment

Yeah I only found a few 500 size on Amazon and out of the two different G-Jives only a total of 5 left. There are a bunch of 450’s though.

I did just picked up a yellow G-Jive from ZYHobby. For a decent price.

PKM has some decent stuff, but their shipping is way expensive. Maybe when I move to Malaysia they will be my go to. If they still in business in 10 years.

I did see at one point PKM was posting some videos of a 500 size chinook mechanics, man that would be sweet.

im currently building the mechanics for a 500 bluethunder. There is a guy on FB, MasterCraft 3D that sells files for a 450 BT, I have had a few conversations with him and he said he was going to redesign it for 500 size. So I’m waiting for him to finish it.

Gravy

Comment

Pretty sure the Chinook they posted was this one: https://www.tech-sov.com/products_detail_174.htm

Comment

Damn it now F106, I’m putting you on the same no contact list as DCORSAIR. Now I have to go sell my other kidney. Thanks.

Have you any experience with that company?
          quality?
          Packaging and shipping?
          safe to buy from?

Gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
            Damn it now F106, I’m putting you on the same no contact list as DCORSAIR. Now I have to go sell my other kidney. Thanks.

Have you any experience with that company?
            quality?
            Packaging and shipping?
            safe to buy from?

Gravy
            Lol! Yes, I’ve ordered one from them and it came through without any issues. There are a few things that I don’t like though. The head design doesn’t allow for much flapping travel, and that is and issue on a tandem. The fuselage is also vac formed plastic and feels cheap. The mechanics and drive systems are high quality though.

Comment

So maybe a 3d printed fuse or make a mold from cheap shell to make FG fuse be better? Have you flown the mechanics yet? is there system stable?

Gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                So maybe a 3d printed fuse or make a mold from cheap shell to make FG fuse be better? Have you flown the mechanics yet? is there system stable?

Gravy
                I have not flown it yet. And yeah, a molded fiberglass fuselage would be a huge improvement. I am also contemplating switching out the rotor heads for those from the Goblin 570 3 blade to get more flapping travel.

I’ve got a ton of different projects going on right now, so it may be a while before I get back to it. The 500 Skycrane and 600 OH-58A, as well as the 747 Shuttle Carrier have taken up most of my hobby time.

Comment

Working...
                X