X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15th Annual Arizona Electric Festival Mesa, AZ Feb 8-10 2019

It's time for the Arizona Electric Festival in beautiful sunny Mesa AZ! This is our 15th year of the event, and we have a lot of great flying and events planned this year. This is the premier electric-only event in the Southwest. The event flyer is attached below. This is an open flying event and awards will be given on Saturday. Some of the special events planned are:

Noon Demo Saturday
    Slow Stick/Foamy Combat
    Warbird and EDF gaggles
    Vendor Demos

Saturday Pilot Pizza party followed by night flying.

Pilot's Raffle on Saturday (every pilot is guaranteed to receive a raffle prize).

The following awards will be presented on Saturday afternoon:
    Best Scale Jet (Military or Civilian)
    Best Scale Prop (Military or Civilian) Includes helicopters as well
    Best Flight (Scale or Aerobatic)
    Contest Directors Award

There will be food and RC vendors (including MotionRC) on site all weekend. On-site camping is allowed on a first come-first serve basis (campers only, no tents).

Here's some great videos of this past February's event.

Attached Files
    Pat

Don't miss this, friends.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I would have loved to attend this year, but that was when we had our scuba trip to Roatan. I don't think we have anything planned for that weekend in 2019, though!

Comment

Fun times in Feb!!!

Comment

Van is loaded and batteries charged! Arizona bound at 0 dark thirty!

Comment

Safe drive Tony and E! I'll be out there around 3:30 today to get some stuff set up.

And just to clarify, Tony is headed to the Arizona Jet Rally happening this weekend, which is at the same location as the Arizona Electric Festival which takes place in February. ;)
            Pat

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
              Safe drive Tony and E! I'll be out there around 3:30 today to get some stuff set up.

And just to clarify, Tony is headed to the Arizona Jet Rally happening this weekend, which is at the same location as the Arizona Electric Festival which takes place in February. ;)
              Whew!!! I thought it takes 3 months to drive there. :Thinking:

Comment

Just a long day yesterday. I saw Arizona and I guess that was close enough. :Silly:

Comment

Tony flying the F-22 at dusk yesterday.

Pat

Comment

I just thought maybe Tony decided it was time to get out of California and come to Arizona. :)

I was helped on that decision over 25 years ago, when I was given the choice of following my job to Tucson, or getting laid off in California.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                      I just thought maybe Tony decided it was time to get out of California and come to Arizona. :)

I was helped on that decision over 25 years ago, when I was given the choice of following my job to Tucson, or getting laid off in California.
                      Believe me, I will escape CA when I retire. For now, I’m just thankful to enjoy the clean air in AZ. The smoke from the fires has been bad.

Comment

I still have friends and family out in California, so they've been keeping us posted about the air quality.

If it's as nice in the Phoenix Metro today as it is in Tucson, you all should be having a great Jet fly.

Comment

The weather for the Jet Rally has been fantastic! The CD and I (I'm Asst CD for AEF) will be ordering the same weather for February. ;)
                          Pat

Comment

I'm registered for February!

Comment

Here's the direct link for online registration:

Comment

Just curious. I noticed Noon time demo ., heli and multi time listed and than some have mentioned " special events" so I need to ask just how much open flying can I expect to get? Sounds like alot of stuff going on that would close the field to flying. Not being critical just asking for some general info.

Thanks
                                Mike
                                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Mike,

It's open flying at all times except as follows:

Heli-only time daily: 10:30 - 11, and 2:30 - 3 (actual times may vary, but will always be only 30 minutes per session)
                                  Saturday Noon Demo: 12 - 1
                                  During any "gaggle" (EDF, Micro, Warbird) which usually only lasts 5 minutes.

Not to worry, you'll have plenty of open flying time!
                                  Pat

Comment

Thanks I'm trying to get some of the guys here to make the trip. It's been on my list for some time.

Mike
                                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Would love to have you guys out!
                                      Pat

Comment

Registered and very much looking forward to this event. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                        X