X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEFI 2017-Now, It's Personal!

Okay, so now that we've had such an amazing get together and such a good time with the guys and gals that made it, I'm planning on doing it again next year. Jay is going to keep me up to date on the next date, so start planning for next year.
    Seems that if some of the people had a little more notice, they would have loved to be there.
    I'm sure Ryan will keep us informed as well as he has been to every one of the NEFI events, I believe.
    So, start planning it boys and girls, heck if I can drive 2500 miles round trip.....well you know.
    There is camping right on the site btw and they brought in pizza on the last night. There is a pop stand, but other than that you're on your own, oh yeah, there are some decent bathrooms as well as the port a potties.

What say you?

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

I'm planning to make it. It would be great to meet everyone plus see all the planes.

Comment

Yeah, it was great, Farm. It's a whole different thing to see them live. I think Ryan and Mike forgot we don't get to see many of them in real life. It was great to see just how they go about filming as well, gave me a whole bunch of respect for what they do and how well they do it.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

I'm so glad you all came. I remember going when no one knew who Motion RC was yet. It sure is a different story now. Hanging out,helping and flying with you guys was awesome. Many of the guys who go go every year. It's a great event. It felt like we owned that flightline didn't it?

The filming you all saw us do while we were there is just a glimpse at what we do. It's so big there at AMA that it was pretty loose. The field Mike and I film from is rather tight compared to it. You all got a taste of Windyana style. That's the first NEFI I ever attended that was that windy. You all did excellent and it really kept no one down for the most part. Theres nothing like having all that pavement and shooting super long touch and gos. The flying is great but the best part is the fist bumps and high fives. Mike and I love making videos and taking photos but I'll speak for him on this point. The best, most rewarding part of what we do though is when we help pilots out. Seeing someone get it and start to be able to grease in the landings is the best. That's the stuff right there. It doesn't get anymore rewarding than that.

Comment

I cant plan things year to year. If I am home I cant imagine there being any reason not to go.

Comment

Amen to that Ryan, I'm really grateful for the help you gave me in landing, Mike as well, along with his maidening of "My Little Gal II".
            As I said somewhere else, if this was a local club, we'd be the best darned club to belong to, everyone's heart is in the right place. It was like Old Home Week, as if we were all bud's who hadn't seen each other in a long time.
            As for landings, I'm going to practice until I get it down, I'm really not that far off, but that crosswind was a little intimidating, not to mention flying with you guys!

Had the E Flite Spitfire up today, there's an awesome bird, if you ever get a chance to check one out, it would be an interesting comparison with the Flightline Spitfire.
            I agree, I think Motion R/C dominated with the amount of people and products in the air and the huge amounts of donated goods. Makes me proud to support such a great company.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Ben my friend, I hope you're there! It was great having a helping hand with repairs, thanks buddy, not to mention videoing the maiden flight!!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

It'll be quit a trip a little over 1100 miles from here to Muncie. It will remind me of when I used to drive a truck cross country. Me and the wife are already talking it over she's never been to that part of the country.

Comment

I hope to make to Muncie next year, looking all the pictures and videos it looked like it was a great time. I should be able to put some cash aside to make it up there next year.

Comment

It will be a priority for me to go again. Hope they come out with dates well in advance.
                    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

I've asked Jay to let me/us know asap so we all can make arrangements. It'll be a blast!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

It really IS personal for me and I'm definitely coming back now that I've made the commitment to an upgraded rolling hangar hauler. My 8 month old 2016 GMC Canyon with the 3.6L V6 got traded today because of the down right miserable gas mileage of 11.5 mpg that I got on the 1300 mile round trip. That damn things tranny was a hunting dog in the gear train shifting all around towing that 1500lb trailer and the only way I could maintain 70 mph was to get right on the butt of the semi's and run their draft which was rather nerve racking. Took the proverbial sticker shock trade but I now own a 2016 F-150 with the twin turbo charged EcoBoost V6 which is an animal over the 5.0L V8 and it doesn't even know that trailer is behind it and gets 18 mpg while doing so. Pick it up tomorrow so am pretty stoked as I write. Gotta break it in a couple times before next year say like the NEAT Fair and Warbirds over Delaware.
                        Like you Dan, I too have a great sweetie because she was more than supportive of doing this upgrade because she knew that I was no longer happy with the Canyon AND later this week the HSD Skyraider arrives. Life is good.......:D
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

How great is life when you've got a good wife!!
                          You'll have to bring her next time Charlie, her and Val and Diane would undoubtedly hit it off!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Hey Gman,
                            My sweetie won't come, its my passion and not hers and she's glad to send me to go an cavort with the boys and get me out of her hair....HA.
                            I thought Kevin was gonna join the Squawk. He gave me his YouTube address but can't access it because I don't have an account. He had quite a few vids and was hoping to see them get posted here.
                            PS - Skyraider Bob came out of the back of the Big Brown truck today........SWEET.
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Too Cool Charlie.
                              I have been watching to see if he came on board, I found his You Tube channel as well, but there are only videos from Muncie when he was there in May. You Tube accounts are free, just like the Squawk, but its up to you, I'll keep an eye out for anything from Nefi, Lon and Ben have some good ones of the maiden. Still waiting to see what Mike and Ryan post, nothing so far but I guess they're in Oshkosh this week.
                              BBT arrived at my place last Friday and had the second Spitfire in the air on Sunday, a great flying plane. Put in a bounch of hours on the sim practicing warbird landings, man did it make a difference, did some of my prettiest landings on Sunday with Big Beautiful Doll.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

I should mention to anyone considering coming next year, that you can camp at the field, which is a money saver as well. We're hoping to purchase a new trailer for next year so that's what we'll be doing, I'm hoping.
                                Of course, that puts me on the flying field at around sunrise!!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                  I should mention to anyone considering coming next year, that you can camp at the field, which is a money saver as well. We're hoping to purchase a new trailer for next year so that's what we'll be doing, I'm hoping.
                                  Of course, that puts me on the flying field at around sunrise!!

Grossman56
                                  Oh man.... I need luxury Dan. LOL!! ;)
                                  Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Flygirl View Post

Oh man.... I need luxury Dan. LOL!! ;)
                                    Yes to that! I cant remember, but I think there was showers available for campers

Comment

Yes, Diane went to the permanent washrooms, just back of where we were flying and there were showers in them.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

Only 600 miles (one way) for me, if we have nothing going on at that time I'm going to try to make it out. Hope it works!

Comment

Working...
                                        X