X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to Hear RCJ!!
    Well worth the drive. I can say that with a 3000 mile round trip to look forward to. We're planning to get there sometime Thursday so we (I) have three full days to fly. If some of the guys are going to hang around Mon and leave Tues, we're up for that as well.
    Squawker's Day??

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

Ryan knows how things work at AMA HQ better than I do, what's the scoop on the field once the event is over? Could we check to see if there's nothing else coming on Monday?
      I don't want to crowd out Jay's event, but it's over Sunday and we'll have all these Squawker there (!!!???), so we could possibly have an unofficial (or official for that matter) Squawkers Day on Monday?
      This is, without a doubt, the best little club a guy or gal could be associated with, but with us all being spread all over the country, it's hard to get together very often, so we need to take full advantage of it when we can, and , well, photograph the "HELL out of it!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
        Ryan knows how things work at AMA HQ better than I do, what's the scoop on the field once the event is over? Could we check to see if there's nothing else coming on Monday?
        I don't want to crowd out Jay's event, but it's over Sunday and we'll have all these Squawker there (!!!???), so we could possibly have an unofficial (or official for that matter) Squawkers Day on Monday?
        This is, without a doubt, the best little club a guy or gal could be associated with, but with us all being spread all over the country, it's hard to get together very often, so we need to take full advantage of it when we can, and , well, photograph the "HELL out of it!!

Grossman56
        Last year I talked with Jay before the NEFI event. He told me the field is open to fly before and after the scheduled event. So last year, i was there a day early and did some flying. As long as there isn't a scheduled event at that field. No problem to use/fly.
        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Sounds like a plan then. Maybe we can talk some of the guys from Motion to be there (besides Captain Mike and Pilot Ryan of course). Alpha, you coming??

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Is NEFI at the same time as the EDF JET jam this year? Looks like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
              Is NEFI at the same time as the EDF JET jam this year? Looks like it is.
              Yes it is except, Jet Jam starts on Thursday while Nefi begins officially on Friday. I'll be attending the first part of Jet Jam and then head up to Muncie. Once I get my time off sorted I'll know for sure.

Comment

Before NEFI dates were announced. I had opened my mouth and stated I was planning to attend the EDF JET jam. :a10Figured i would attend and when NEFI dates announced go to that too. So here i am, both the same time period. Not for sure, but i'm planning to attend JET jam Thursday & Friday. Then NEFI Saturday & Sunday:p38
                Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Always a shame when two great events overlap like that. Thankfully, they're not completely overlapping!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Kind of doubt I can make it this year. Working in Newport News VA on a ready reserve ship. I got some vacation time building but between my clubs fly-in back in Illinois and hunting season. Do not know if I will have enough for everything

Comment

Well, hoping you can make it Ben, but things happen as well all know.
                      Personally, I know how hard it is to say you can't make it when you had such a great time last year.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

This must have been filmed on the Friday as I don't remember the rain , and there's Charlie!!
                        A look back at the 2016 NEFI event, held at AMA Headquarters in Muncie, IN.Full coverage in the Fall 2016 issue of Park Pilot.https://www.theparkpilot.orghtt...

The second video you can see Charlie with the Dynam FW 190 and Lon with the silver FlightLine P-38. This was a particularly windy flight as you can see form the landings!

You just gotta be there!!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

What is the charging situation like at the field? I take it they just have 115V outlets? Our field uses solar panels to charge storage batteries so we tend to just have DC chargers.

Comment

A/C outlets, It's a good idea to throw an extension cord and a power strip in the support kit. We had no problem recharging last year.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Thanks! I need a power supply then or equivalent set up.

Comment

Yes, you'll need a power supply, my chargers are an ' all in one' type, no separate P/S. A lot of the guys were great enough to let you plug into their rechargers as well if for some reason yours didn't work. As long as you have whatever you use at home, should be no problem. Look forward to seeing you there.
                                We're just dreaming up new airplane racks for transportation, the wife like building them, she's good at it too!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Just bought the new home on wheels so we're coming to Nefi in comfort!!
                                  Gotta love it!!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Gotta love it!!

Grossman56
                                    Way to go! I am going to be buying a new home in a duffle bag called a tent so I will be roughing it compared to you but it will be a big tent... with a huge air mattress... and indoor plumbing... and electricity.... and A/C... sorry. :Silly: I started to drift there for a moment.

Comment

Gotta love it!!

Grossman56
                                      LOL So did I !!! We'll chat on the PM where I requested you spill your guts before you had posted this.
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

One suggestion if you're camping and sleeping on an air mattress, bring a spare sleeping bag and wrap your mattress up in it so that the ground doesn't keep the air cold. Then put another blanket between your sleeping bag and the one wrapping the air mattress. Otherwise you'll freeze!!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

Oh, and ear plugs 'cause CB and me will be up at the crack of dawn, heck, we might not even go to sleep!!
                                          OFWA!!

(Old Farts With Airplanes!!)
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X