X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    Oh, and ear plugs 'cause CB and me will be up at the crack of dawn, heck, we might not even go to sleep!!
    OFWA!!

(Old Farts With Airplanes!!)
    Heck yeah! I would be right there with ya'...

Comment

Right On!
      Team Gross!

Comment

If you watched the new AMA video, they announced Nefi 2017!!
        I have an e mail into Jay regarding when the registration will be on line, so I'll keep everyone updated!
        Good times are coming, 2 1/2 months to go !!!!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

I've got my tent and other amenities. Looking at lining up a trailer. Was watching some of the videos of it last year to get psyched up about it.

Comment

As I've said before, it's like going to R/C Heaven!
            Picture the best golf course surface but minus the golfers and plus a lot of R/Cers with every kind of flying device imaginable. Ahhhhh!!!
            Even the airplanes got excited when we pulled in. Plan some time to check out the museum, we missed it last year, so it's on the bucket list for this year for sure.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Thinking NEFI 17...Here's a vid from last year. Some good shots of Cpt Mike and his SU-35.

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

I now know the reason behind your recent ugggghhh 2 blade LOL upgrade Lon.
                Mike just kept flying out of your camera range.;)

So are you getting a Warty to keep Ryan and me company ?
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I'll tell you what, the Bearcat is getting an upgrade to a 650kv and the 1400 mm Corsair prop. I smell a race!!
                  Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

OV10....Here's another view from "Behind", of the 2 blade Silver 38....get use to the it.....:Devil: NOTE: The transmitter even looks hotter.
                    Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

LOL:);)
                      Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

What do people usually do for food? Just bring their own or are their restaurants nearby?

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                          What do people usually do for food? Just bring their own or are their restaurants nearby?
                          Yes and Yes
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                            Make sure and bring a cooler for drinks and food. There was a vendor setup last year to buy sandwiches and drink right at the field. Also places to drive to not far (10 min )
                            Lon

Comment

There's the usual fast food places and a few others. We found Muncie a little run down to be truthful with you, but great people. Then, when you drive down to AAHQ. It's like there should be a choir of angels playing as you come up to it!!
                              Bringing food is always a great idea because once you're there, you won' want to leave, even for Starbucks!!!!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Gotcha'. Thanks all.

Comment

Thinking NEFI 2017...What planes i want to bring. Here's some pics of a stand that will allow me to stack my 38's. Made it so you place the bottom plane in the stand. Then one piece of the 2nd level part of the stand is placed/attached. And you place the 2nd P-38 :) The wings are still on both planes in the picture. They will be removed for the trip to Munci, to make room for more stuff and planes. As other stands i've made with the PVC pipe, 1/2" was used.
                                  Lon

Comment

Looks good Lon. I've been kicking around a few ideas myself. I'll have to pull wings again, but I'm thinking of run three length-wise in the truck and another layer of two on top of that. The top two placed in upside down so the tails should clear the ones on the bottom. Then using a stacking method like the dish plate stands for the wings which will run width-wise along the back end of the cab. Should work well, have to get the measurements first though.
                                    I'm aiming for five or six as I could stash another one in the trailer under the bed.

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

Oh BTW, how long of a drive was it from your place??

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

Oh BTW, how long of a drive was it from your place??

Grossman56
                                        About a 6.5 hour drive (390 Miles)
                                        Lon

Comment

Looks good Lon. I've been kicking around a few ideas myself. I'll have to pull wings again, but I'm thinking of run three length-wise in the truck and another layer of two on top of that. The top two placed in upside down so the tails should clear the ones on the bottom. Then using a stacking method like the dish plate stands for the wings which will run width-wise along the back end of the cab. Should work well, have to get the measurements first though.
                                          I'm aiming for five or six as I could stash another one in the trailer under the bed.

Grossman56
                                          Why not one on the bed?????? that's where I'm getting an extra slot;)
                                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                          X