Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Aeros' Festival of Giants

Four Full Days of Giant Scale Fun!!

The Binghamton Aeros have hosted one of the largest Giant Scale Fun Flys in the Northeastern US for the last 31 years.

Now, due to popular demand, the event has been expanded to four full days! It has also been re-branded to the Aeros' Festival of Giants.

Come fly with us at one of the best flying sites around. It takes place at the scenic and historic Chenango Bridge Airport, near Binghamton, NY. It is on a full scale private airport with a close cut grass runway and wide open overfly area. None of those pesky trees.

Overnight hanger storage will be available. Free on-site RV camping(no hook-ups). Early arrival on Aug 9th OK. Landing Fee $20.00 pre-registered, $25.00 at event.

Great pilot prizes form our sponsors. Smokey Legend BBQ will be serving some great food again this year.

Event in support of Community Hunger Outreach Warehouse (CHOW).

Thanks again to our main sponsor, National Balsa, who will also be on-site. You Don't Want to Miss This One!!!!! Register Now

If you want more info just let me know. I'm one of the CDs for the event. Click image for larger version

Name:	Fest of Giants Flyer.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	62273
    Attached Files
    Four Full Days of Giant Scale Fun!! The Binghamton Aeros have hosted one of the largest Giant Scale Fun Flys in the Northeastern US for the last 31 years.  Now, due to popular demand, the event has been expanded to four full days! It has also been re-branded to the Aeros' Festival of Giants.  Come fly with us at one of the best flying sites. It is on a full scale private airp

HI that sounds like allot of fun I will try to make it to it this year not sure if I will fly but at least show up. Thanks for posting this and please re remind me as the event gets closer. I can bring some freewing jets and others.

Comment

Will do Brad. Where are you located? One great thing is that the new 80mm A-10 will qualify as Giant Scale (130" combinde ws and fuse length for jet class). Maybe you, Warbird Charlie and I can do so formation demos with them. Would be nice to have Motion RC represented at the event. Expecting over 120 pilots, over 10,000 spectators and newpaper and TV coverage as usual.

Comment

I'm in TJ with two twins........the PBJ(Navy B-25) and the Warthog
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I have the F-14 ,F-16 in 70 and 90 ,euro fighter and stinger 90 . I will also be getting the A-10 and 1600 spitfire as well. I am 15 minutes north of watkinsg glen right next to Seneca lake. I think you are 2 1/2 hours away not to bad not for the enjoyment to fly.

Comment

Originally posted by bradl4648 View Post
            I have the F-14 ,F-16 in 70 and 90 ,euro fighter and stinger 90 . I will also be getting the A-10 and 1600 spitfire as well. I am 15 minutes north of watkinsg glen right next to Seneca lake. I think you are 2 1/2 hours away not to bad not for the enjoyment to fly.
            Nope, TJ's club site is just under 70mi (hour and half) via Rt79 from Watkins Glen. ;) Notice where Owego is on that map :)
            https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Watk...917424!3e0!5i2

I'm with TJ on it would be nice to have a Motion rep who is also from our neck of the woods participate in an event in these parts. Look forward to meeting you Brad
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Several more sponsors have signed on for this year including MaxAmps and Xoar Propellers. Also looks like we will have free event T-shirt for registered pilots. It's going to be even bigger than past years. Expecting 130+ registered pilots. Already have about 25 RVs coming in on Wednesday. We always recommend pre-registration. Nothing paid up front, just at arrival.
              Four Full Days of Giant Scale Fun!! The Binghamton Aeros have hosted one of the largest Giant Scale Fun Flys in the Northeastern US for the last 31 years.  Now, due to popular demand, the event has been expanded to four full days! It has also been re-branded to the Aeros' Festival of Giants.  Come fly with us at one of the best flying sites. It is on a full scale private airp

Comment

Hi OV10 yea I just painted my A-10 sure allot of work then the frogtape rips so, me of the paint off not nice. anyways I will try and make it on that Saturday. Unless the rain is hitting us again and again. I will try and get my trailer ready too. just keep me posted.

Comment

Brad,
                  I hear ya on the summer monsoons. :(
                  Since the event is TJ's, I'm sure he'll have relevant info regarding the Festival posted here real time.;)
                  I plan to be there a couple days before the event officially begins to get a prime location near the flight line with the bunkhouse/hangar and give TJ a helping hand where I can.:Whew:
                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

Were are just about two weeks away from this great four day event! Long range forecast looks good. I know we've got OV10, bradl4648, and myself attanding. Any other Squawkers flying Big Birds planning on coming???? Estimates at this point show about 130 pilots coming. Thanks to National Balsa, we are giving out a free event t-shirt to pre-registered pilots, while supply lasts. :Cool:.

WBC, we just might take you up on that offer:)

Comment

So Warbird's rolling hangar/bunkhouse is set to roll out tomorrow for the Festival.
                      The birds that are going for the giant event are the A-10, PBJ-1 and the Antonov AN-2.
                      It was hard to pick from them all which 2 non giant warbirds would get to go for after event hours flying but decided on the Tigercat and the Razor.
                      The Tiger earned it's place because it is the only true -2D version of the FlightLine model in the US that I'm aware of.:Cool:
                      The FMS 1500 P-47 because it is just a tough bird and survived our buddy RR's midair altercation @ NEFI.;)
                      So after tonight OV-10 will be in radio Squawk silence until the fun ends or next Monday which ever comes first.:)
                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

Tear it up Bronco man, wish I were there to check it out. Good luck and good weather to you, TJ and the rest of the Aeros:Cool: Maybe next year on the summer safari tour 2018. :ov10

Comment

You go CB, can't wait to hear all about it!!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                            You go CB, can't wait to hear all about it!!

Grossman56
                            Got CB set-up on his campsite yesterday. Got several groups rolling in this morning. "Unofficially" starts at noon today. Just need the weather to cooperate..........

Comment

Good to hear Twowing, a bit of advice, don't fly formation with with CB when he's flying the P-47, it tends to eat other airplanes;)
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0639.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	91824Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0640.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	91825
                              MEAN!!!!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                a bit of advice, don't fly formation with with CB when he's flying the P-47,Grossman56
                                Good to know Gman. I've heard the story, but had not seen pics. Ouch!. We'll just be flying the A-10s together. I'll stay on his 6 just to be safe;). I'll try to get some event pics. Already had about 40 campers onsite last night. Got some really nice birds so far. :Cool:

The phone went throught the washer and dryer. I don't recommend doing that:Scared:. As Bones would say It's dead Jim....":Silly:

Comment

hay OV-10 I have to tell yah that was the best air show that I have seen in awhile there were more planes than what I have that is not typical will go next year.

Comment

So I spent the morn(almost 4 hrs) catching up on all the shenanigans that has occurred on the Squawk whilst being away at the "Festival" .
                                    First thing I gotta say is that TJ and the Bing Aero's do a class act event. I HAD A BLAST !!!!!:Cool:

No pics to post cause I don't take them due to the fact that I'm too busy flying or BS'n. I'm sure Tony has some he'll get around to posting.
                                    Did have the privilege of demonstrating the FW A-10's capabilities during Saturdays noon hour showcase demo time. This is the big audience attendance day.
                                    Prior to that demo on the days preceding I experienced a couple "bouncing bronc" landings which was a first for me but they occurred because it was induced by trying to slow the airspeed down TOO much with too much high alpha nose attitude and the hog dropped onto the trailing link mains and initiated the bounce. Went back to the normal nose wheel about 2 inch high when the mains touch and back to greasers for the show.
                                    I have been wanting to attend a number of the east coast warbird events but the majority are "giant" scale events which basically leaves me with the three birds I had for this event.
                                    Well.......after a little conversation with my sweetie, ol' Warbird Charlie is now gonna invest in a true giant sized warbird or two for future events. As much as I like doing low level passes 5 feet off the deck with the LX PBJ-1(B-25) it is wrong to put it in the air when the WW2 flights are launched and the fighters are bigger than my bomber.
                                    So my first big airframe is gonna be an ESM F7F Tigercat powered by electric(I still can't huff those gasser fumes....damn chemo/radiation).
                                    After having the FL Tigercat and enjoying how it flies like a tamed tiger it is a natural choice for me to go bigger with and still have "twice the fun" of a twin.
                                    Am already looking forward to next years Festival of Giants.;)
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

hay OV-10 I have to tell yah that was the best air show that I have seen in awhile there were more planes than what I have that is not typical will go next year.
                                      Brad........thanx go to Tony.
                                      I was just a happy participant at an excellent event
                                      Good to meet ya
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

It was nice to finally get to meet you Brad. Glad you enjoyed the event.

It was a hoot having you at the field WBC. You were the first to set-up and the last to tear down. For a while I thought you were going to put up a mail box;). You flew well brother. It was good having you there.

All three Freewing A-10s put on a good show. The crowd couldn't believe that they were electric. Two of them, mine included, experienced the dreaded "boing....pop" as the nose gear pins snapped. Both have been flow quite a bit without an issue. Both happened toward the end of the day, so we weren't on our "A" game.

Aside from that, the event went very well with 61 registered pilots and about all the fun we could stand. I'll get some pics up in the coming days.

Comment

Working...
                                        X