X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDEAS for future Live episodes and segments

Hey Guys, obviously we are in the infant stages of our new weekly live show, but not only would I like this show to succeed, but I would also love for the show to be molded and grown organically by our customers.

Use this thread for ideas ranging from the content you'd like to see on an upcoming show, maybe some set segments that reappear, like a rapid-fire question segment, customer community happenings via HobbySquawk, Facebook and YouTube etc. Tech Tips and the like.

Look forward to the next show

Looking forward to the show. A lot of different things could be fun.

Could do a "Meet the Motion Team" segment periodically. Folks like Tom, Mark, Todd, Martin, Devin and maybe could get Alpha to pop in via phone.

Could talk about upcoming flying events. Not just the ones that Motion is attending, but others on the Events Calendar on the Squawk. That could motivate CDs and host clubs populate the calendar better.

How about periodic give aways like a $20 gift card to a viewer via random draw live.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
      Looking forward to the show. A lot of different things could be fun.

Could do a "Meet the Motion Team" segment periodically. Folks like Tom, Mark, Todd, Martin, Devin and maybe could get Alpha to pop in via phone.

Could talk about upcoming flying events. Not just the ones that Motion is attending, but others on the Events Calendar on the Squawk. That could motivate CDs and host clubs populate the calendar better.

How about periodic give aways like a $20 gift card to a viewer via random draw live.
      Love all these ideas TJ! Will definitely start incorporating these as the show grows

Comment

Hi Guys,

love the show. I know it’s an old plane but I would love to see a show on the Freewing F-4D Phantom II 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
        I know their are a few great colour schemes and it’s a great plane.

Thanks

Chris

AKA Dads Rc Hangar

Comment

I rarely get to catch the show during the live show. How about running the show around 6pm?

Comment

So..... what is Episode 7 going to be??

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
              So..... what is Episode 7 going to be??
              I think we will be unboxing a couple of XK Micros this week. Got some Sky Kings and the Edge but also have some contest info that will be upcoming and also since we didn't get a chance to go around the community last week, have some shout outs that need to happen as well. Will have it scheduled later today

Comment

Any news on this Friday ?

Comment

Originally posted by DadsRcHangar View Post
                  Any news on this Friday ?
                  I was hoping to unbox some tanks, but the warehouse is working overtime. May have to find a plan B. We'll have some fun regardless

Comment

Ah ok, thanks james. While I have you as to say, do you know when you will change times and what they might’ be? See you Friday.

Chris

Comment

I think it would be great to see a whole plane sprayed, so base coat and camo maybe 👍🏻

Comment

Would be cool to hear more about your relationship with companies like freewing, Heng Long etc. It seems to be quite unique given the amount of input you have into the product offering, feedback for improvements etc.

Obviously dont mean the commercial aspects of it, but more about the history and how the process works.

Comment

Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                          Would be cool to hear more about your relationship with companies like freewing, Heng Long etc. It seems to be quite unique given the amount of input you have into the product offering, feedback for improvements etc.

Obviously dont mean the commercial aspects of it, but more about the history and how the process works.
                          We definitely plan on bringing Alpha on with more behind the scenes stuff in future episodes for sure. He just has to acquire the footage to share and such but more is definitely on the way

Comment

I honestly loved seeing that behind the scenes with the F-35 factory. Would love to see more of that! I agree with seeing a "Meet the Team" with MotionRC/Freewing/Flightline. One thing I would add though would be talking about modifying aircraft and about the 3D printed parts found here on HS (for those who don't know about it) and how to build/paint/install them on existing aircraft!

Comment

Originally posted by DaFlyingSnek View Post
                              I honestly loved seeing that behind the scenes with the F-35 factory. Would love to see more of that! I agree with seeing a "Meet the Team" with MotionRC/Freewing/Flightline. One thing I would add though would be talking about modifying aircraft and about the 3D printed parts found here on HS (for those who don't know about it) and how to build/paint/install them on existing aircraft!
                              Love the idea of a meet the team. Will definitely put it on the list

Comment

Yes how about 2 different aircraft, 1. P47 with bubble canopy( I do not like the razor back) 2. Japanese A6M2 zero. Those that I have had or flown are exceptional flying aircraft. Both in electric power.

Comment

Originally posted by zpilot View Post
                                  Yes how about 2 different aircraft, 1. P47 with bubble canopy( I do not like the razor back) 2. Japanese A6M2 zero. Those that I have had or flown are exceptional flying aircraft. Both in electric power.
                                  Hey zpilot - I think you meant this for another thread. This thread is about ideas for future live shows on YouTube, not ideas for future products. But I like both those aircraft!

Comment

- EDF balancing
                                    - Aerodynamics/wind-tunnel testing
                                    - Basic Aerodynamic principles of flight and the explanation of the functions of each control surface, Center of Gravity, weight distribution, P-factor, torque, etc.
                                    - Flight tips: incorporating proper rudder input, how to perform various flight maneuvers, slow flight, etc.
                                    - Prototype stages of model flight testing (from older models of course, ha-ha)
                                    - Flights from interesting/non-traditional areas/surfaces
                                    - Strut spring rate testing
                                    - Destructive/durability testing of both the aircraft structure and the electronics
                                    - A look into how the molds are created
                                    - The creation of the unique packaging
                                    - The process that goes into shipping the models
                                    - The meetings of the design team and assembly line employees
                                    - A preflight endeavor of every new model: The importance and "how-to" of setting your failsafe settings, performing a proper range-check, control check, throws, and other primary preflight checklists so-to-speak.
                                    - How to properly cover a balsa model
                                    - A Black Horse Models factory tour, as well as other factories
                                    - A battery charging, usage, storage, safety, and educational series with technical specs, simple math, definitions of various terms (like charge rate in "C", etc.), etc.
                                    - The 3D printing process, explanation of components, software usage, etc.
                                    - Uses for various glues and which would be preferred for certain applications and material type
                                    - How Motion RC came to be the business it is today
                                    - How to properly solder, safety tips, various tools and components to help do so
                                    - Useful tips on organization of RC mobile field tool boxes and the "hangar".
                                    - RC simulator training and the benefits it contains
                                    - Gas aircraft building, tuning, maintenance, etc.
                                    - A day in the life of Alpha's 23.5 hour work day

That's just a fraction of what would be awesome to see , and have more in mind, but that list should keep you busy long enough . Some points above have been talked about briefly in recent videos already.

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                      - EDF balancing
                                      - Aerodynamics/wind-tunnel testing
                                      - Basic Aerodynamic principles of flight and the explanation of the functions of each control surface, Center of Gravity, weight distribution, P-factor, torque, etc.
                                      - Flight tips: incorporating proper rudder input, how to perform various flight maneuvers, slow flight, etc.
                                      - Prototype stages of model flight testing (from older models of course, ha-ha)
                                      - Flights from interesting/non-traditional areas/surfaces
                                      - Strut spring rate testing
                                      - Destructive/durability testing of both the aircraft structure and the electronics
                                      - A look into how the molds are created
                                      - The creation of the unique packaging
                                      - The process that goes into shipping the models
                                      - The meetings of the design team and assembly line employees
                                      - A preflight endeavor of every new model: The importance and "how-to" of setting your failsafe settings, performing a proper range-check, control check, throws, and other primary preflight checklists so-to-speak.
                                      - How to properly cover a balsa model
                                      - A Black Horse Models factory tour, as well as other factories
                                      - A battery charging, usage, storage, safety, and educational series with technical specs, simple math, definitions of various terms (like charge rate in "C", etc.), etc.
                                      - The 3D printing process, explanation of components, software usage, etc.
                                      - Uses for various glues and which would be preferred for certain applications and material type
                                      - How Motion RC came to be the business it is today
                                      - How to properly solder, safety tips, various tools and components to help do so
                                      - Useful tips on organization of RC mobile field tool boxes and the "hangar".
                                      - RC simulator training and the benefits it contains
                                      - Gas aircraft building, tuning, maintenance, etc.
                                      - A day in the life of Alpha's 23.5 hour work day

That's just a fraction of what would be awesome to see , and have more in mind, but that list should keep you busy long enough . Some points above have been talked about briefly in recent videos already.
                                      Love it, thanks T-CAT!

Comment

Thank YOU all.

Comment

Working...
                                        X