You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Col. Clarence "Bud" Anderson, WWII Triple Ace Interview!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Col. Clarence "Bud" Anderson, WWII Triple Ace Interview!

Tomorrow we have the honor of interviewing a living legend. Almost 100 years old, Col. Clarence "Bud" Anderson is a triple ace from WWII and the highest scoring living American fighter ace. During the war he was the highest scoring flying ace in his P-51 Mustang squadron. Towards the end of Anderson's two combat tours in Europe in 1944 he was promoted to major at 22, a young age even for a highly effective officer in wartime. After the war Anderson became a well regarded fighter test pilot, and a fighter squadron and wing commander. He served his wing commander tour in combat in the Vietnam War. He retired as a full colonel in 1972, after which he worked in flight test management for McDonnell Douglas. A member of the National Aviation Hall of Fame, Anderson has remained a sought-after speaker at aviation and military events well into his 90s.

If you or someone you know might be interested, please tune into Motion RC's YouTube channel tomorrow at 9am PST. Click on the link below to set a reminder!

Click image for larger version  Name:	bud-feature.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.6 KB ID:	317316
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Looking forward to it! First hand accounts from this point in history are becoming a rare opportunity.

Comment

I will be lurking, but work is crazy busy!

Comment

This interview was absolutely spectacular! Thank you to all who were involved in setting it up. Col. Anderson is an amazing person, and his aviation career is stunning to say the least. I feel very fortunate that he took time out of his day to speak with all of us to share his passion for aviation and his incredible stories. This was priceless. Thank you Col. Anderson! I wasn’t able to catch the live stream this morning, but I was sure treated to an amazing recording when I got home. I could have listened for hours and hours.

Comment

Working...
        X