X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunker 27

You may have noticed the advertisement for Bunker 27 here on the banner of the Squawk. I was looking through their inventory and showed it to my wife as well. Her father absolutely loves the P-38 Lightning, so we decided to order him one of their P-38 shirts for Christmas. I placed my order on Tuesday evening. Today, Friday, my order arrived in the mail. Awesome shipping time, they ship from Texas. The packaging is incredible, and these will make great gifts.

I opened the package and was dismayed to find a P-51 Mustang shirt inside. I sent their customer service an email just before I went to lunch today explaining the situation. When I returned from lunch an hour later, they had responded. They are going to send me the correct shirt, allow me to keep the mix up shirt, and offered any other shirt I wanted for free as an apology. If you are into aviation related apparel, I strongly suggest checking them out. They have some really nice, american made products, veteran owned and operated, and out of sight customer service.

Happy Landings!!!

kloverzero! i hope you see my post(vf174jake) i'd gotten this 90mm f9f6 cougar buildkit from fanjets. im sure its the same you started posting a photo gallery of your progress. i hope im not a bother to you but i'm brand new to this kind of project. i dont have the equipment to view that instruction disc so asked fanjets for a step by step instruction booklet. They dont have that and their reply basically left me with the impression , this is not a beginners model and should never had bought it. Well maybe they are right but first of all , I HAVE NEVER flown one of these but i didnt get it to fly it. my father built a panther in college for a model airplane meet. he later flew that same plane in the navy. his squadron switched to cougars when they went aboard the carrier for westpac tour. this model is the exact scale as his panther which i now have hanging in my room and built exactly the same way almost as if he bought the kit from the same company. MY goal is to build his model for display only but i want to paint it the gull grey white bottom color his was and use all his markings as shown in a photo of him over china. Anyway i saw your posting and your photo log of your progress is as good of an instruction manual as i might be able to get. so please by all means try to post more of your progress as you will. so i joined this forum in hopes to befriend you and your other chat mates and get some guidence and maybe advise as i enter this new hobby

Comment

Originally posted by vf174jake View Post
      kloverzero! i hope you see my post(vf174jake) i'd gotten this 90mm f9f6 cougar buildkit from fanjets. im sure its the same you started posting a photo gallery of your progress. i hope im not a bother to you but i'm brand new to this kind of project. i dont have the equipment to view that instruction disc so asked fanjets for a step by step instruction booklet. They dont have that and their reply basically left me with the impression , this is not a beginners model and should never had bought it. Well maybe they are right but first of all , I HAVE NEVER flown one of these but i didnt get it to fly it. my father built a panther in college for a model airplane meet. he later flew that same plane in the navy. his squadron switched to cougars when they went aboard the carrier for westpac tour. this model is the exact scale as his panther which i now have hanging in my room and built exactly the same way almost as if he bought the kit from the same company. MY goal is to build his model for display only but i want to paint it the gull grey white bottom color his was and use all his markings as shown in a photo of him over china. Anyway i saw your posting and your photo log of your progress is as good of an instruction manual as i might be able to get. so please by all means try to post more of your progress as you will. so i joined this forum in hopes to befriend you and your other chat mates and get some guidence and maybe advise as i enter this new hobby
      The disk will play on a DVD player. Ironically, my laptop would not play it, but my DVD player did. It is not a streaming video, but rather a bunch of still photos to help you along. They are also showing an older version of the kit in the pics, so it is really just a kind of general help.They are correct in that this is not a beginners build, even if you are building it for static display purposes, there is a lot that you need to know to successfully complete this model. If you go to the thread I have started for the model, I have pretty much shown the building progression, and you can see the locations of most, if not all of the parts. Dry fit EVERYTHING before gluing. You can put the entire upper nose section together without glue. Study the exploded views that are on the plan, as well as the assembled view. These are what I used to figure out where everything went.

If you need a detail picture of anything, just ask, and I will get it for you. It will be about a week before I will be ready to begin sheeting the model, so there is plenty of time for pics. For any further questions that you have on this model, please message me privately, by clicking the "Send PM" link below my name on the sidebar. That way, we do not clog up this post with a big Q and A session. You can also message me anytime on Facebook, and it will be a faster response.

Best of luck on your build, and I am here if you need me.

Mike

Comment

Thank you so much Mike, I haven't started yet, you will probably be done by time I get to the point your last postings. I've already realized my work space plans are going to be different looking at your setup. I've set up a really nice area in our attached garage to work but isn't heated for these zero temp days so was going to set up in spare room especially for glue process. But I see you need to lay everything out to pick parts. So will spread part sheets out in garage but begin assembly in small area of spare room heated till weather breaks. Thanks for reply, really has excited me to get started. Daughter will educate me on needed computer skills. I'm sixty one, made my living building custom homes, never progressed with the computers.experience reading blueprints is going to be my best asset for this challange

Comment

Working...
        X