X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    Wow that's crazy Sky Wolf! They were lucky to live to tell the tale..."Doctors don't make good pilots", lol, that's funny! No offense to the doctors out there who ARE good pilots of course. I was about 2 hours away from my solo so I was really bummed at the timing of the lay off. I am considering going for a sports pilot license (eventually working towards a PPL) since it's roughly a third of the cost and I'm not interested in anything or than casual, VFR in good weather conditions.
    Aros, the sport pilots license is what a lot of people are doing these, as you already know. Sport flying in your own craft sounds like so much fun! It's definitely the cheaper route, but still getting the same thrills!

Comment

Yes indeed and there are some really cool looking light aircraft these days!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Addison.MotionRC View Post
        Chief 58D,
        You gotta love the 58D model. That kind of looks like an old Prime Chance bird. I will never forget the constant "APR 39 Tracking" from Bitchin Betty. Pretty picture of it in the "overwatch" position anyway. Where did you fly the UH-1's at? Good to see fellow Army guys flying RC.

The production 58D KW (which is now all but retired and being sold off overseas ) definitely got it's roots in the Prime Chance program ~
        all those "velcro mods" got factory-installed hardpoints and became the 58D Kiowa Warrior! :cool:

Only flew Hueys in flight school -
        Flew 58 A/C's in Germany (Fulda Gap border missions), transitioned to the unarmed 58D AHIP for Germany & Desert Storm (guns & missiles would have been nice to have back then!!), then flew Cobras and 58D Kiowa Warriors (MTP, IP) in the Tennessee National Guard.

"APR 39 Tracking" brings back some memories -
        I actually have some audio tapes of Desert Storm missions where Bitchin' Betty can be heard loud & clear!!

Hate to see the 58D go away ~
        But given that vanilla 58's started flying in Vietnam, I think it's safe to say that the Army DEFINITELY got their money's worth out of the 58 airframe!!

Sounds like you might know your way around some Army helicopters... ;)

Comment

Hello all :)

I've been around planes most of my life growing up... my dad got his private pilot around the time I was about 8 or 10. Been in a Cessna 150, 172, 182, Tri-Pacer, PA-18, Beechcraft sundowner, Bonanza V-tail (the doctor killer), Beechcraft Debonair, and more that I've probably forgotten about.

Now, I've become 1/3 owner of a Grob 109a myself :D it's got an IFR dash on it, so I'll be able to get my solo, private pilot, complex, motor glider and IFR
          baby needs some work... but we're hoping to have it flying by August

Comment

I'm a pilot as well. I've been flying full scale for 33 years, my first lesson was at 15. I'm commercially certificated with an instrument and flight instructor ratings.

I rarely teach, I got my CFI because I wanted to teach the guy who co-owns a 182 with me to fly. :)

Comment

Well if you are ever in the Pacific Northwest, I happen to know a guy who would love to fly with you. ;)
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I brought the plane home from Stanwood, WA. It was a great trip. You've got some beautiful scenery out there!

Comment

Yes it is beautiful here. And it doesn't rain quite as much as people think...Shhhhhh! Don't tell anybody. :)
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Got my private back in 1987. So far I have a few hundred hours in various Cessna types, but mostly Cardinals. I did get to fly a Cozy MkIV three times! Retired ATC.
                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Here is a short video of some of the flight home and the 182.

Comment

No video link?
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Appearantly I was not smart enough to put the link in. :)

Comment

I took this video a little over a year ago when I got the new GoPro 4. The camera was mounted outside the plane on the left wing strut. I think it did a really nice job in the low light conditions.

Comment

Very nice! I really enjoy that FPV angle! Nice dusk/evening video. Landings? Nailed 'em. Nice job! :)
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Hi guys!
                                I've been a pilot for 44 years, of that 26 in the USAF and 14 as a corporate pilot, which is what I'm currently doing. I've been impressed with the dedication and professionalism I seen in the RC community at large and MRC in particular. I confess I've become addicted to scale warbirds, including EDFs and often gain valuable insights from your posts. Thanks for all you do!

Comment

Dang, dkalwishky...Beautifull!!! I miss flying SO much! Best time of my life! Doc

Comment

seaviper, I have a lot of hours in a Cardinal. Great plane! Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Kitchnpassmastr View Post
                                      Hi guys!
                                      I've been a pilot for 44 years, of that 26 in the USAF and 14 as a corporate pilot, which is what I'm currently doing. I've been impressed with the dedication and professionalism I seen in the RC community at large and MRC in particular. I confess I've become addicted to scale warbirds, including EDFs and often gain valuable insights from your posts. Thanks for all you do!
                                      Well thank you! Thank you for your service of course, and thank you for your kind words! We strive to be the best we can possibly be when it comes to service and quality. Heck, we are ALL RC pilots and I do believe that gives us a distinct advantage.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Here is a pic of me flying my Eindecker...

Comment

Guys,
                                          I would really like to see an F-105 Thunderchief! In many respects, this Republic aircraft represented the culmination of "Century Series" fighter design. Its flowing lines, size, speed, and combat record are legendary. I used to gaze at it often, during my tenior at the USAF Academy, for inspiration. If chosen, please mimic the real gear placement and stance that gave it such a menicing look on the ground. FMS style rotating retracts with reduced rotational travel could accomplish this for the main gear. And I hope I echo the sentiments of many others that I don't mind paying a little extra to get this right.

Thanks for for making this a great hobby!

Comment

Working...
                                          X