First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon?

:Scared:OMG coming soon section at MRC is empty now what do we do:Crying:

Patience young grasshopper

BTW, can we get a little love for the 64 new helicopters coming soon.

Comment

Thanks for calling me young :)

Comment

With nothing "coming soon", it's time to save up some money. I can't really get my juices flowing for helis now. I've still got 18 of them but I haven't flown a single one for 2+ years. They just don't do it for me anymore. Even the traditional "heli nuts" at my fields don't fly theirs much and have started to fly their planes more. At one field, the helis have completely disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          With nothing "coming soon", it's time to save up some money. I can't really get my juices flowing for helis now. I've still got 18 of them but I haven't flown a single one for 2+ years. They just don't do it for me anymore. Even the traditional "heli nuts" at my fields don't fly theirs much and have started to fly their planes more. At one field, the helis have completely disappeared.
          I think on the scale end, at least, that was because of the lack of support and new products from the distributor. I've been trying to do 500 size scale birds for the last 4 years and every build has been like a treasure hunt. Find a head on eBay, a discontinued fuselage on RCG, blades from Japan, gearbox from a combination of existing parts and scratchbuilding, etc. I have met a lot of people who look at my scale Helis and ask where they can get one. When I give them the run down, the light and enthusiasm disappears from their eyes. Heck, 2 of my last Fuselages have been custom built by a model shop in Thailand because they were so hard to find on the market. Motion has a major chance now the re-energize the heli crowd. If what they have done with Freewing and Flightline is any indication, I'm hoping for a very bright future for their heli lineup as well!

Comment

Delta - your experience is the same I have had when trying to get started in Scale helis these past years. It seems like people (and RC stores) were either into 3D/sport helicopters or multi-rotors, the scale designs were far and few between. I'm much more interested in the realism of scale model helicopters than I am "cutting the grass" with a 3D heli or following waypoints with a drone. Motion wants to reinvigorate the RC helicopter market by offering a broad range of scale helicopters and all the accessories needed to go with them. What you see on the website today is a just the beginning. If you have enjoyed the models we designed with Freewing and Flightline, you will definitely enjoy what's coming soon in our rotary wing portfolio.

Comment

Now that's what I like to hear! I will be keeping a keen eye on the website. I've already had my eyes on a few of those beautiful 700s for a while, but the lack of reliable spares kept me away. Might have to revisit that soon..

Comment

Working...
              X