X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting new knee

Well guys n gals I’m gonna be out of pocket a few days going in early in the morning to get a shiny new knee installed so I’ll be out of touch a few days. I’m looking forward to finding out what all has gone on when I get back so talk it up so I have plenty to read when I get back.

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
    Well guys n gals I’m gonna be out of pocket a few days going in early in the morning to get a shiny new knee installed so I’ll be out of touch a few days. I’m looking forward to finding out what all has gone on when I get back so talk it up so I have plenty to read when I get back.
    Hey Buddy, wishing you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery Best wishes. Goose;)

Comment

Thanks Goose I’m sure all will go well it will just take a little time.

Comment

All the best! You take care and get better quick. We'll hold down the fort. :)

Comment

Hang in there man, with the medical technology today new parts are even better than the original and you will never suffer arthritis/tendanitis there

Comment

Good for you farm, we can rebuild him! Me, I’m afraid of doctors! Seriously, my eldest boy is now an Orthopedic surgeon who just won the Herodicuos Award, which is given to just two surgeons per year. They will have up and running in no time!

Comment

Get well Bro! Congrats Boots!

Comment

I had my left
                knee re done in June of last year. Stay up on your pain meds. Best of luck
                AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                  I had my left
                  knee re done in June of last year. Stay up on your pain meds. Best of luck
                  That’s not supposed to happen, they’re made to last many lifetimes. I’m really sorry to hear that, sucks dude. Are you over rehab?

Comment

Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

That’s not supposed to happen, they’re made to last many lifetimes. I’m really sorry to hear that, sucks dude. Are you over rehab?
                    Yes I am finally able to squat after all this time. Rehab was hard. The acl and quad atrophy immediately after surgery and its a long road to get that back. It was hard and the first night was the most pain I have ever experienced in my life. That was with my taking 25mg of vicodin every 4 hours.
                    AMA 1102566

Comment

Actually the replacement knees, shoulders and hips very rarely fail. (if not defective) Its the bone they are anchored to that fails.
                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I never take the pain meds (I'm too prone to addictions), pain is the body's circuit breaker to make you take a break and recover. Be careful with the meds.
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I'm not a fan of pain meds either.. although I have a very high tolerance for pain. Even though some of my experiences had me having to take them even when I didn't really want to.

Comment

Hey guys back connected still in hospital for 2 more days surgery went well Dr said the miniscus was almost completely gone and all the cartilage on the inside of the joint both on femur and tibia were worn completely away and had wore into the bone. All new joint just gotta do rehab and pain management but so far not too bad.

Comment

Hey guys back connected still in hospital for 2 more days surgery went well Dr said the miniscus was almost completely gone and all the cartilage on the inside of the joint both on femur and tibia were worn completely away and had wore into the bone. All new joint just gotta do rehab and pain management but so far not too bad.
                              Good to hear!
                              TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Fantastic. Rest up. I must say the biggest challenge and just to be REAL was learning how to sit on the damn toilet again. That was a big challenge.
                                AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post

Fantastic. Rest up. I must say the biggest challenge and just to be REAL was learning how to sit on the damn toilet again. That was a big challenge.
                                  Yea range of motion is a little lacking and not much lifting strength on that leg but I was able to go about 100ft down the hall on my first time up on it with the aid of a walker seems promising.

Comment

That’s amazing. Keep it up mate. I wish I had gotten to stay for a few days. My mpfl was out patient.
                                    AMA 1102566

Comment

Great news! Glad to hear things went well. Keep after it. :Cool:

Comment

Glad all is going well Farm! Don't push the recovery too much

Comment

Working...
                                        X