X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitro clean up

My son bought a used nitro rc car today it had old fuel in tank carb and such. What should he use to clean it out with?

I used to clean out gunked up carbs, small motor parts with varsol. You also get spray cans of carb cleaner.

Comment

Best way I clean glow engines is to take it out of (car/plane) and get a container that will cover the motor with lid and put it in and put denatured alcohol to cover and then put the cover on it and place in the sun for two hours and all is good again. Give it a try. R.
      AMA 424553

Comment

I used a small crock pot dedicated to cleaning engines (never use for food again)

Put in the engine, disassembled as far as practical and cover with antifreeze made for aluminum block engines.

Turn it on just short of boiling and leave it overnight.

Anything that is left on the engine will wipe off with ease.

Dry thoroughly and apply a spray protective oil. (I liked to use gun oil) WD-40 is not acceptable.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Good methods! DO NOT Use any cleaners that are not specifically for aluminum. I remember watching a fellow at our field turn his Saito 4 stroke a nasty grey color as he sprayed it with Fantastic kitchen cleaner.
          Use a toothbrush after the hot soak.

Comment

Working...
          X