You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to the Memphis Belle roll out?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to the Memphis Belle roll out?

For those in Dayton Ohio the big day is coming up, May 17, exactly 75 years to the day that the Belle flew her 25th mission, they'll be opening up the exhibit, starring the old Gal herself in all her restored glory, and man, did they do a spectacular job.

The Memphis Belle, one of the most famous aircraft of World War II whose exploits were detailed in a Hollywood movie, will be put on public display next year at National Museum of the U.S. Air Force after more than a decade of restoration

I'd love to go see her, but too much of a trip this year, anyone in the area that's going??

Check out this quick look at names and other markings added to the Boeing B-17F Memphis Belle as part of the restoration process. Check back here and our web...

Phenomenal job of restoring her. Hope the boys with the B-17s remember her on May 17, it sure would be great to see a big bunch of 17's (R/C) take to the air!!
    Be even greater to see a Flightline R/C announcement on May the 17 for a 2000 mm B-17F!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    Be even greater to see a Flightline R/C announcement on May the 17 for a 2000 mm B-17F!!

Grossman56
    That WOULD be a spectacular coincidence.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Well, they were off on their "Bond Tour" then and I remember one of the projects was named 'Bond', but that one may have been revealed as something else..........
      Would have been a great name for a Memphis Belle roll out, you have to admit.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Project Bond was the F-4 II But, that would have indeed been cool!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You can even call it Project Barry, and I would buy the dang thing!!!! LOL LOL

Comment

That makes two of us. I like the 1750 B-17, but it would take some mods to make me happy, plus I'd have to deal with THEM when I'd rather deal with Motion R/C.
            The Collings Foundation also owns "9 oh 9" so a B-17 would seem a logical step. Don't know, we'll see what Alpha has up his sleeve.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
            X