X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God wants me to have a private jet.

So, being a blessed Child of God, I have received a revelation that God wants me to have a private jet. I mean, if God wants a certain televangelist to have one, sure He wants me to have one too, right?

Now, being a man of rather humble tastes and means, the thought of dropping some $60 million on a jet, and then another $800,000 to $1,200,000 a year on expenses related to owning and operating a private jet, is just a bit excessive to me. Instead, I'm just fine with that spiffy-looking model EDF business jet over on Motion RC.

Sure, it won't carry me and the better half to all kinds of cool places around the world, but then again, for just the cost of upkeep on a private jet, we can fly commercial First Class to all those cool places.

I'm sure I can justify begging for donations for this, right?

;)

I've heard of this dumbass preacher you are mimicking. I say let God give him the jet. But then, I'm sure his dumbass followers will flood his bank account will all the money he needs. Such people deserve what they get (or should I say "lose").

Comment

It's less mimicking and more mocking. As a Christian, I have little tolerance for supposed shepherds who are fleecing the flock.

Comment

There are two of those preachers.
        AMA 424553

Comment

There are hundreds of "preachers" and "priests" (and any other type "religious leader" who are" more interested in the profit than the prophet." (or whatever )

FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
            It's less mimicking and more mocking. As a Christian, I have little tolerance for supposed shepherds who are fleecing the flock.
            Yes, I know. I couldn't find a better word at the time. "Mocking" is the one I should have used.

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
              There are two of those preachers.
              Didn't one already go to jail?

Comment

ya this dumb ass has 3 other jets but doesent want to have to stop to refuel he says jet fuel is too expensive away from his home base.. also he said he has a large jet fuel tank or some sort at his home base where ever that is lol what a tool

Comment

Advantages of my private jet preference over the televangelist's:

Initial Purchase Cost: His $58,000,000+ | Mine Less than $200
                  Annual Operating Budget: His $800,000 - $1,200,000 (estimate on a Learjet 45) | Mine Less than $100, factoring in a replacement battery or two.
                  Storage between uses: His rented space at an airport large enough to support a jet | Mine a PVC rack in one of the spare rooms.
                  Insurance His $20,000 +/year | Mine $75/year AMA membership (covers ALL my planes and drones)

Comment

That would be three then, Forgot about Baker.
                    AMA 424553

Comment

Because it's so much more cost effective to spend another $60 million on a new jet, and then another million per year on upkeep, just to save some on fuel costs.:Silly:

Comment

Ah. I see I should have posted this over here, instead of in Jets. Thanks for the move, mods!

Comment

When judgement day comes for this "servant of God", the average person will stand at the pearly gates, to the sound of trumpets and golden banners. Those with jets bought by their sheep will use the service entrance way at the rear. I understand that the pearly gates is supervised by St. Peter. The service entrance is supervised by Lucifer to the sound of dumpsters being emptied and in-floor heating turned up Hi.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                            [LEFT][COLOR=#1D2129][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=13px]Advantages of my private jet preference over the televangelist's:
                            I could add a few:
                            5. Yours can fly upside-down at <10 feet off the ground. His...probably not a good idea.
                            6. Yours was bought with money you earned, not from money you bilked out of victims. (Well, perhaps I assume too much, and you are an organized crime kingpin, LOL. If so, you are not doing it very well.)
                            7. Most importantly - you get to pilot yours! He probably hires a pilot and has to just sit and ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

I could add a few:
                              5. Yours can fly upside-down at <10 feet off the ground. His...probably not a good idea.
                              6. Yours was bought with money you earned, not from money you bilked out of victims. (Well, perhaps I assume too much, and you are an organized crime kingpin, LOL. If so, you are not doing it very well.)
                              7. Most importantly - you get to pilot yours! He probably hires a pilot and has to just sit and ride.
                              Well, not sure I'm confident enough to fly inverted 10' off the ground, but I would with one of the jets I posted, long before I'd ever try it with a real one!

As far as #6 goes, since I have to leave for work in about 10 minutes, and it's an hourly job for a large corporation, I don't think I qualify as a crime kingpin. I don't think I'd even qualify as a lowly crime minion, though the "Despicable Me" movies sure made that job look a lot more fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X