X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When RC is a family affair!

We posted our congrats video to our good friend Tony Accurso as his daughter Pilot Evelyn graduates from High School today. Tony and Evelyn represent the very best this hobby can bring. Share your stories and pictures of how you and your family either got into the hobby, or share in the hobby. As a father of 3 little ones, I hope one day they will want to share in this with me.

Congrats again XPlaneGuy!

Congrats Evelyn!!! Great job... Very proud of you and your Dad too! (being a Dad ain't easy!!! ) LOL

Comment

She's all grown up!
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Happens way too fast!!!! We are almost grown now, too George!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
          Happens way too fast!!!! We are almost grown now, too George!!! LOL
          She's way more mature than I am...if Tony ever writes a book on parenting it will be a best seller:Cool:
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Congratulations Evelyn. Best wishes on the start of your new journey! And to your Dad, Tony, you did a very fine job raising this young woman. Congratulations to you as well!

Bob

Comment

Such a good gesture on the part of Motion RC for a team that has done so much to help us all.... I loved the cameo by Alpha's "eye".... nice touch! LOL

Comment

Congratulations, Evelyn! Special thanks also to Tony for keeping the secret; we had to show him a draft of the video yesterday to get his fatherly/AirForce approval, which means we also inadvertently saddled him with the cruel task of keeping such a big secret from his daughter! Thanks for keeping it together, man.

To all reading this, Evelyn is heading to graduation in about eight hours. Tony is keeping the video a surprise until then. I'm hoping for a waterworks reaction when she finally gets a chance to see it and also to read everyone's kind comments here :D :D :D If you're like me, you got teary eyed thinking of those who taught you how to fly, those with whom you fly now, and those around you for whom you could be a spark that lights their own love for this hobby. Let's all take Evelyn's example and pay it forward! This hobby needs new enthusiasts, from every generation.

To all of you who, like Evelyn and Tony, have helped us grow over the years, we are sincerely and deeply grateful. As Mark said in his clip, we're always amazed at how so many people have embraced our mission with the same passion. From our extended media family like Bajora and Rob, to event masters like Tony and Evelyn and Vic and our Texas/AEF/St.George/EDFJJ/NEFI/Nall families, to all of our beloved forum members who each bring a special personality to our diverse group online, to every single one of you who has trusted us to deliver to you a product and service experience that is worth your hard earned money, it is always a good time for Motion RC to take stock and say THANK YOU.
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Lol, it made James and I chuckle too, Steve. My being a ghost is a bit of an inside joke between myself and Tony and Evelyn, because I haven't been home to fly with them in a while; last month made a full year. HAL9000 is a more handsome stand-in, anyway :)
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Congratulations Evelyn!

This is only one of many milestones I know you will achieve in your bright future.
                    You are an inspiration to many young people in this great hobby.Best of luck in your future endeavors!
                    Tony, you've done a fine job raising this young Lady, and a shining example of being a Father.
                    Congratulations to you also!

Dave

Comment

Congratulations Evelyn! We wish you all the best as you move on to the next chapter. Tony, you should be proud and good job!

It's great to be part of the Motion RC / Hobby Squawk family.

Comment

Well, I don't know this young lady personally but I do see you in lots of Motion RC pictures showing of lots of beautiful models. Congratulation Evelyn! You've done a great thing. Good luck to you in all your future endeavors.

To Tony, you my friend are one lucky guy. What I would give for one of my kids to take interest in my favorite hobby. Your a lucky man indeed mate.

Best Regards
                        Woody

Comment

Congrats Evelyn!
                          Hope grad is special for you. Believe it or not, I still have my grad pics (1971) and keep in touch with the lady I took to grad. Tell me its not a special occasion!!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Congrats Evelyn! I wish you the best in your endeavours and in rc flying, and Tony give yourself a pat on the back.:Cool:

Comment

Congratulations Evelyn! Best wishes in your continuing education and adventures. You and Tony are the ultimate ambassadors for everything we all love so much about this hobby. Keep up the awesome work! Hopefully, wherever you decide to go, there is a field close by so you can squeeze in some flying.

Comment

Congratulations Evelyn I have no doubt that you will be successful in whatever it is that you choose to do in the future. Tony you have obviously done a great job in raising her and I’m sure she will make you proud.

Comment

Hopefully Tony doesn't mind me sharing this in the thread. Here is the video of Pilot Evelyn watching the video. I'll admit that it brought a tear to my eye.

Comment

Yeah what's with all this dust around my keyboard?? :Confused:

That was so awesome. It warms the heart to see such a heartfelt and genuine reaction. Our appreciation for her is real, as is her response. The very best of luck to you young lady! You have a very bright future ahead and again, from all of us....THANK YOU!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Heartwarming to say the least!!! I know I said it before, but congratulations to you both. I am happy and honored to have met and flown with the best Father - Daughter team around!

Bob

Comment

Just wiping the tears away from my eyes too, I was hoping to see a video all day long and thanks DK for sharing it with us.

Evelyn, bet you didn't know you had so many Uncles!!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                        X