X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last day...

I held my father’s hand as he passed away a few hours ago, he was born the son of a very poor single mother in a coal camp in Harlan County Kentucky...after serving in the Navy during World War II he attended the University of Kentucky. In 1950 my father married his high school sweetheart and moved to Kingsport where he and my mother raised three children, myself and my two sisters. He had a good life and was a prosperous man who provided well for his family.

Against overwhelming odds C.R. “Charlie” Baker triumphed realizing the American dream.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dad01.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	136549

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dad02.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	136548
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Nothing can mend the anguish you feel and I wont try to say anything that will. Gods speed Charles.
    AMA 1102566

Comment

What a blessing. Rest in peace Charlie Baker.

Comment

may Gods grace grant peace to you and your family, you are in my prayers
        rc flyin addict

Comment

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

I lost my dad last fall, I'm very sorry to hear your news but I am sure that it was deeply meaningful that you were able to be there with him at the end. And, thank you for sharing your tribute to your father here and helping us understand how special he was to you and your family. Peace and best wishes to you.
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

George I committed on FB this morning, but what I didn’t tell you is my Dad passed just two years ago January. He was also a WW2 combat veteran with the 15th Army Air Corps. His father died of a massive heart attack when he was just 15. At 17 he enlisted into the AirCorps. They lived just outside of Birmingham Alabama. Financially poor as dirt, but Grama Barden was the typical Strong Southern Women. So they didn’t realize that they were poor. My Pops and I were very close, as I worked alongside him with his second job. His regular job was a Police Officer, with a carpet installation and cleaning job on the side. I learned a lot from him during those years. I owe him plenty when it comes to my work ethics and attitude. I’m saddened by your news today, but also appreciative of who you became through your father.
              My deepest sympathies, Jim Barden.

Comment

Originally posted by Clearblue View Post
                George I committed on FB this morning, but what I didn’t tell you is my Dad passed just two years ago January. He was also a WW2 combat veteran with the 15th Army Air Corps. His father died of a massive heart attack when he was just 15. At 17 in enlisted into the AirCorps. They lived just outside of Birmingham Alabama. Financially poor as dirt, but Grama Barden was the typical Strong Southern Women. So they didn’t realize that they were poor. My Pops and I were very close, as I worked alongside him with his second job. His regular job was a Police Officer, with a carpet installation and cleaning job on the side. I learned a lot from him during those years. I owe him plenty when it comes to my work ethics and attitude. I’m saddened by your news today, but also appreciative of who you became through your father.
                My deepest sympathies, Jim Barden.
                Thank you for that Jim.
                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

My condolences and prayers are with you George, May he now rest in the lords hands. R.
                  AMA 424553

Comment

Thank you guys for all the condolences, Hobby Squawk truly is a family:Heart:
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I just saw this George.... My father was a WWII vet as well. ETO. He died in 1997, but I still miss him daily. My Jesus provide His Peace, Grace and Mercy to you and your family. My heart hurts with you.... Glad you were there with him. Giant hugs bro....

Comment

So Sorry to hear of your loss George!
                        It's never easy. I've been blessed over the years with two terrific step fathers and sadly they also passed, one recently and here we are coming up Father's Day for the first time. He also was a WWII vet.
                        My father passed when I was 17, so I never knew him adult to adult and its something I always wonder about.
                        Take care my friend, all of our hearts are saddened and we send our condolences.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                        X