X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for Motion if its feasible

I was wondering if yall can do a same as cash credit program similar to tower hobbies having their easy pay on their site. It would help a lot of guys be able to get those nice 500+ dollar aircraft who otherwise won't even look at them. I don't know just a thought.

We honestly haven't had many requests for "payment plan" or "buy now pay later" services, but we do strive to offer the best customer experience, so we are open to new ideas. I'd ask others to please reply to this thread if they would be interested in these payment plan services.

Mark

Comment

Indeed, I just know of a few guys who would use it on the more expensive models. It would indeed open up more Avenues for me on a fixed retirement income.

Comment

There are times I would use the "ez-pay" or three-pay.... It is a little easier on the shock to Momma and the wallet!!! LOL LOL:Cool:

Comment

Hahaha indeed!

Comment

Seems like it would open up a new market base for those that may not otherwise be able to purchase the bigger ticket items. This could really work for new releases. Announce a pre-order, the pilot orders the plane and has it paid off about the time it should ship.

Comment

Absolutely!

Comment

Yep I would use it,especially on the more expensive planes.....go ahead and put me in for a 2nd f4 when you start the program.

Comment

All of the above...
                  While I like building my hangar, the foamies were a great way to have somethin* to fly as they progress toward airworthiness. There are a few ARF’s I have my eye on and buying electronics for them adds up as well. Not into glow or gas, but packages of motor+ESC+Reciever/gyro +servos would be great under that program.

Comment

Absolutely! There are so many pluses for this kind of program, it makes it especially more interesting for us folks on fixed retirement incomes. As well as those who are really wanting something like the B24 or the 80mm A10 or even the 90mm F4. Having an opportunity to purchase one as well as for those who want more customization options could use this and spend some savings on batteries as well as graphics and 3d printed detailing parts. I really see this as being a win win all around for everyone involved, and get those warehouse packers busier than ever! :)

Comment

So far, all three of my planes have been in the <$300 range, and I had the money in-hand to purchase them outright. That said, that wouldn't have been the case 20 years ago, when we were still raising our kids and money was a lot tighter than it is now. I might have gotten into the hobby much sooner, had the budget-friendly electronics and foamies been available back then, with EZ Pay plans.

Comment

That's another great point

Comment

This is especially true now that Motion is carrying $2000 helicopters. Would definitely help break up the load of pulling the trigger on a few of those birds.

Comment

That was the biggest point I was looking at with this idea, it would open options for those as well. As it is all I can do for those helicopters is run to the end of my chain and bark, otherwise I have no chance to pick up one of those.

Comment

Not reflecting on anyone posting here, but that would be a high risk option for MotionRC. How could they be sure payment would continue when the $2000 helicopter is lost on the first flight and the buyer claims it was a product defect? If it was, I believe MotionRC would replace it, but while that determination was being investigated for all claims, their cash flow could be severely impacted.

Comment

Originally posted by bob_stan View Post
                                Not reflecting on anyone posting here, but that would be a high risk option for MotionRC. How could they be sure payment would continue when the $2000 helicopter is lost on the first flight and the buyer claims it was a product defect? If it was, I believe MotionRC would replace it, but while that determination was being investigated for all claims, their cash flow could be severely impacted.
                                Very true, but.... If it was one of the family here, their word is gold. There will always be jerks working the system, but in the big scheme of things, the MRC customers are true and honest... but the risk is there, none the less.:Thinking:

Comment

Well if it were as tower does it, the payments are pulled regardless, it's like a repo, just because you loose the car doesn't mean you don't stop owing on it. As that goes I did an easy pay on my fly zone seawind in may. I still have one more payment on it and it's clear. They pull it from the same card I used on the original first payment every month on the date of the first transaction. If someone was a dick and tried to say it was a fraudulent charge, they would then have to get their card released and replaced, while the original one was shutdown unable to use. As my bank requires a note from the payee as to if it is ok to stop payment on a debit. Not a fun process as I had to go though it when my insurance took out the entire 6 months in a lump rather than only the monthly minimum I asked them for. I called the bank for a reversal but it never happened, so then I had to call my insurance company and request they reverse the debit. Then I had to wait 3 business days which put it over the weekend turning to 5 full days with out my money. I really dont think the issue above would be much of a problem. Because stopping a preautherised payment is not very easy.

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                    I was wondering if yall can do a same as cash credit program similar to tower hobbies having their easy pay on their site. It would help a lot of guys be able to get those nice 500+ dollar aircraft who otherwise won't even look at them. I don't know just a thought.

When I get bogged down with two or three new releases at the same time I use PayPal Credit and as long as you pay it off in 6 months it's interest free. Just don't abuse it:Cool:
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Unfortunately I can't use PayPal do to some shady crap my exwife did years ago on my PayPal account before I joined the army. So that's not an option for me at all.

Comment

:(:Angry::Not-Talking:

Comment

Working...
                                        X