X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heritage Flight photos

Rather than going a bit off-topic in the "What did you fly today" topic, I figured these would be more appropriate over here. Some of the photos I've taken of the Heritage Flight Training weekend planes during their sessions in the skies over Tucson.

In explanation, each year, around late February to early March, Davis Monthan AFB hosts the Heritage Flight training/certification weekend, for airshow pilots with vintage warbirds. Once these pilots have their certification, they can fly in formation with modern warbirds at airshows around the country. For those of us in Tucson, however, it's like we get a weekend airshow all our own each year, and it's a great weekend to break out the DSLR with the zoom lens. My house happens to be close enough to the base, that we often get planes turning on final right overhead, and some of these photos were taken right from my driveway.

Great pics Hoomi, nothing like a free airshow!!
    While I was at Nefi last year, the Blue Angels came in as a refueling stop, didn't stop them from giving Cody a sample. We got home just as they were departing for the next destination. We're not far from the airport and you get used to the sound of jets taking off, nothing prepares you for the sound of an F-18 departing though, pretty cool!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

I love it when the jets take off towards the west at night, so I can see the afterburners from our front yard.

Comment

Are you sure these aren't RC?? LOL LOL

Seriously though, sweet pics!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          Are you sure these aren't RC?? LOL LOL

Seriously though, sweet pics!
          You caught me. They're all from the 12"=1' Scale Series...

Comment

LOL
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
            X