X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redo ARF's .

I've had this in my head for a long time Ever considered a ARF package to where everything is in the box same as a PNP , servos , motor , esc , just nothing semi assembled . I understand the extra space it might would mean as far as stocking , aARF or PNP . I just know that for me I enjoy the building side of thehobby also . I know and get the "hour or two then go fly" that we have now . I can appreciate it but there is lots to be learned from building the plane . No prebuilt could be cost effective , less labor . Just a idea I've had for some time .

i know there are some out there who enjoyed building model cars when they were younger besides me !

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

I think what you might be after is a redo of the "kit" or "kit plus". However, this may only apply to foamies. I believe a "kit" for a balsa model has a whole other meaning.

Comment

Kind of hard for an old, long term builder of balsa, modeler to think of foam as a kit.

:p
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I was thinking about enjoyable it would be to spend some time building a plane . I know some of you are thinking about the balsa kits , but a current foam plane box and find everything down To putting the halves together in there . For those who like to do mods just think if you didn't have to try and take things apart without tearing or ripping . Or the ability to paint .

Bryan
        But Crashing is Landing

Comment

I asked for that a long time ago. A kit or kit-plus version would be great. But they probably don't sell too well in this day and age, unfortunately. I, for one think Freewing does a fantastic job of engineering. Their assembly is hit or miss at best. I would like to assemble my own.
          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

I enjoy assembling, modifying, and painting more than flying. That's the reason I have 50, some odd, airplanes.:Scared: Doc

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
              I enjoy assembling, modifying, and painting more than flying. That's the reason I have 50, some odd, airplanes.:Scared: Doc
              Me too Doc, Me too. R.
              AMA 424553

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

Me too Doc, Me too. R.
                Cheers to ya both. I would like to see some of the ARF’s as unassembled and uncovered ‘kits’ The I get to pick the colors, as well as electronics. Same for the foamies - no paint or decals applied.

Comment

Working...
                X