X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute to John McCain, 1936-2018

Click image for larger version  Name:	John McCain Profile.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	148521

Today the world lost a warfighter, a patriot, a statesman, a father. Perhaps best known in our hobby circle as an A-4 Skyhawk pilot, John McCain lived a life of multitudinous service that smaller men like myself can only aspire to. He did his honest best, and for that example all of us here at Motion RC join those around the globe in saluting this pillar of a man. Words cannot suffice to fully express our sadness at his passing, but we encourage everyone to take some time and read about his accomplishments, his challenges, and to study the life John McCain lived. May we aspire to such acts of service, and may he rest in peace.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Well said Alpha. A true example of honor, dignity and service. RIP John McCain.

Comment

As a Navy Nam Era Vet and multiple cancer survivor, I was heartbroken to learn this morning that John McCain's inevitable loss to cancer happened so quickly after the announcement of med treatment stoppage.
      I hope that someone within our sport will honor this Hero's legacy and model up an A-4 to reflect the livery that this Naval Aviator last flew over Hanoi.
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Despite not being American I greatly admire his commitment to serve his country as well as his integrity and honor. RIP
        Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
        Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
        Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
        Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

Being a Air Force aviator none of us ever envisioned being shot down in combat let alone be taken prisoner. John McCain not only survived an emence amount of torture and never disgraced his country but came back home and showed everyone what honor and integrity meant as a man and a politician. God speed John McCain, you will be missed.

Comment

I admired his Naval Aviator service to his country, envied his ability to withstand confinement by our enemies, questioned his weak political positions as a senator after he lost his presidential run in '08 though I did vote for him. God bless your soul, John McCain. Rest in peace. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

When you look at what he'd endured, it's amazing that he made it as far as he did. First, he was sitting in the plane next to the first one to explode in the Forrestall fire. Then there's getting shot down, surviving a broken back and several years as a "guest" at the "Hanoi Hilton". The only thing that troubled me is the grudge he had with the President that he let mar his last days.

Comment

Working...
              X