X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradise CA fire

My brother and his family of three boys are still not united after the campfire spreads through their home, neighborhood and city destroying all.
    I’ve seen nothing on tv except politic crap and stupid people killing the innocent.
    Been listening to the wonderful people trying to help others! Kudos to the police, fire fighters, airman and the tankers, medics... and all the people with common sense.

My wife's uncle and his family lost their home in that fire yesterday. At least they got out and are safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
      My wife's uncle and his family lost their home in that fire yesterday. At least they got out and are safe.
      Great they made it out safe! Glad to hear that

My brother and his family are all together as of today! He’s lived in Paradise for 26 years and drives to Chico as a postman. He said it was pure hell what happened and happened so damn fast!

Comment

Glad they're all together and safe!

Comment

Been on this incident since it’s beginning. Lived in Paradise for years, moved out for this very reason. It’s part of my territory for work, as was the Carr fire in Redding in July and August. I’ve been working fires this year since April. 46 Cal Fire incidents in my area and counting. I have worked emergency response on fires, floods, earthquakes, snow, wind, hail, freezing rain and ice storms, even tornadoes and the Dam failure in Oroville last year. There is no one word to describe what I’ve been seeing since last Thursday. The firestorm these residents, law enforcement and the bravest Firefighters and best Sheriff in the Nation faced was ... unprecedented doesn’t even begin to touch it...
          Those folks and others, even just Joe Citizens, helped to save tens of thousands of lives. No exaggeration, it’s fact. The terror those residents realized, panic that erupted, bedlam and carnage that ensued for those fleeing for their lives is evident for MILES in all directions. I have six family members that are alive and survived, still in shock, worried for lost pets, and four that lost their homes. At least one home survived, luckily. They have found housing at my home and our relatives and friends in the area. Every evacuee off that hill and out of the canyons have stories of terror, loss and tragedy, but there are also amazing stories of kindness, courage, valor, and heroism. Off yesterday and today to commiserate, pray and be thankful, then I’m back to Hell for what will be an unimaginable period of time. Not looking good for my target since August of one dozen days of flight by the end of the year. Nine and holding. Cherish your loved ones and be safe out there.

Comment

Westy.............You all are hero's out there but please don't take that to the next level of being a martyr for the cause.
            Please stay safe and hopefully you can make it next year to TWTJ's Festival of Giants.
            I didn't make it this year also due to a fire.:( https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/th...-wbc-s-cojones
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Bronco Jock :ov10
              Sorry to hear that you old warbird lover you. The only good thing I can say from these fires this year is I’m in wicked good shape right now. So it’s a quick 56 houur jaunt out to see my brothers in beautiful upstate NY and Shazam, I’ll be there. Might be delayed a couple hours picking up Dan in Cody on the way. I still owe you guys a trip from two years ago already. Send me a date, I’ll put it on the calendar, and laser focus on it in 2019. If has to be a luckier year than this year. It might be fitting for a 50 year lunar landing anniversary in July. Think about it:Thinking:. By then Alpha will have your giant scale :ov10 we can use at the festival :Cool:. You...and me...and TJ make ov10.:ov10. I couldn’t come up with something for Four, sorry Dan I’m tired. No offense. We’ll find room for four, that’s the layover in Cody man. :Cool::Cool: Stay warm my brothers.

Comment

For all you veterans out there, here’s a photo floating around of a worker, Iraq War Vet, planting a flag at the Paradise Veterans Memorial Hall on Veterans Day. The Hall survived, thanks to the bravery and dedication of the firefighters on the Camp Fire.:Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                  Send me a date, I’ll put it on the calendar, and laser focus on it in 2019. If has to be a luckier year than this year. It might be fitting for a 50 year lunar landing anniversary in July. Think about it:Thinking:. By then Alpha will have your giant scale :ov10 we can use at the festival :Cool:. You...and me...and TJ make ov10.:ov10. I couldn’t come up with something for Four, sorry Dan I’m tired. No offense. We’ll find room for four, that’s the layover in Cody man. :Cool::Cool: Stay warm my brothers.
                  Good to hear that you're safe with all you've been doing. The dates for the 2019 Festival of Giants is Aug 9th - 11th, and can come in early of course. It would be great to see you and Dan this year! Got a feeling those Flightline OV-10s are right around the corner:Cool:.

Comment

This is happening all over the hill. This guy made it out safely. Paradise is not a TOTAL LOSS! The home where this guy came from was still intact. Very small percentage in that category, sadly.

Comment

North Valley Animal Rescue Group is doing such a good job on this incident, they were running out of cages! Way too much practice lately.

Comment

Little update on my families’ situation up here in this continuing tragedy. My Nephew’s house, the one house up there in my family that survived, had been looted when he returned home. Hans is a third generation mechanic, could build anything, and now has lost his grandfather’s tools, his father’s tools, and his own tools. Don’t get me wrong he’s one of thr lucky ones. It’s just a bit depressing that thanks to some scumbag, another survivor with dashed hopes gets to try to rebuild his trade and source of income from scratch. So much pain and loss. ????????????

Comment

Working...
                        X