X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see pics of your favorite K-9 friend

In light of another thread I was posting in, a discussion about our K-9 friends came up. Post up your pup's picture.

This is our 2 year old Basset Hound. Her name is Maggie and dumb as a rock, LOL. Her nickname is "Putz".

EAA# 1366802
    AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Another one of Shiloh, after a blue-ribbon obedience run, and one of Ruger, aka "Puppybutt."

Comment

Oh man, He is a pretty pup. I love those Aussies, super smart. I love the name "Ruger", NICE!

EAA# 1366802
      AMA# 631508

Comment

When we got Ruger, my wife had been jonesing for one of the new Ruger compact 9mm pistols, which she didn't get because of the costs associated with a new puppy. Hence, the name. Aussies are often referred to as "Wigglebutts," since they typically have the bobbed tail, so they wag their entire rear end in the absence of a tail to wag, so all our dogs have some "butt" nickname.

This photo is one of Ruger's sisters, from when we picked him up from our friend in Wilcox.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
          When we got Ruger, my wife had been jonesing for one of the new Ruger compact 9mm pistols, which she didn't get because of the costs associated with a new puppy. Hence, the name. Aussies are often referred to as "Wigglebutts," since they typically have the bobbed tail, so they wag their entire rear end in the absence of a tail to wag, so all our dogs have some "butt" nickname.

This photo is one of Ruger's sisters, from when we picked him up from our friend in Wilcox.
          Beautiful pup! That is funny how he got his name.

Here is "Boomer". We had him for a while but had to find him a new home as our yard wound up not being conducive for an Aussie. We are familiar with this breed and we had hoped our yard would work but it just didn't. He was not happy not having enough room to run. We only had him for 2 months or so but he sure made an impact on us. He is an awesome dog and we sure miss him. The new owners stay in touch with us and send of pics of him as he grows.

EAA# 1366802
          AMA# 631508

Comment

Beautiful red merle!

I've always had a soft-spot for the blue merles, though Stormy is a black-tri. Ruger technically qualifies as a blue merle, though he was basically a rescue when we got him. He was the product of an accidental merle-merle breeding, which has a high chance of genetic defects, including the "fatal whites." White-faced Aussies are extremely high-risk for blindness, deafness, or other defects. Ruger was mostly white when born, and the breeder was afraid he was going to be a lethal white. Fortunately, he does have the black around the eyes, which became more pronounced as he got older, but he's still way too much white fur for a blue Aussie. Other than that, he's perfectly fine, and every bit what an Aussie should be.

Comment

One of Ruger as a puppy, shortly after he came home with us, showing just how much white fur he had back then.

Comment

One of Ruger as a puppy, shortly after he came home with us, showing just how much white fur he had back then.
                Hahahaha, he is awesome! One day if I ever have a place in the country I want to have 2-3 Aussies.

EAA# 1366802
                AMA# 631508

Comment

This is one of our favorite photos of Shiloh and Storm together, from when both were still in their prime, and we were camping at Rockhound State Park in New Mexico. Both were wearing the doggy backpacks, so they could carry stuff.

Comment

My best buddy. Ziggy follows me to my paddock when I'm flying and spends all his time in the shack when I am in there.

Comment

This is one of our favorite photos of Shiloh and Storm together, from when both were still in their prime, and we were camping at Rockhound State Park in New Mexico. Both were wearing the doggy backpacks, so they could carry stuff.
                      That's awesome. Nothing like having K-9 companions who can help share the load.

Originally posted by Grantham Kid View Post
                      My best buddy. Ziggy follows me to my paddock when I'm flying and spends all his time in the shack when I am in there.

He's cool. Makes me think of The Men in Black, LOL. My daughter has always wanted a Pug but around here they are a little pricey so not sure if she'll ever get one.

EAA# 1366802
                      AMA# 631508

Comment

Spanky is the smartest dog I've ever seen, I love this little guy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	42854447_465998287142808_8016939375793274880_n.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	171200

He loves "Mamoo" (my wife Tammy) the most.

Name:	38218358_430780247331279_4537375357560422400_n.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	171201

He goes to the Joe Nall events and has a big time:)

Name:	42858924_465684037174233_8842424062790598656_n.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	171202
                        He's quite the celebrity these days, he's even on the Motion RC YouTube channel trailer.:Smug:

TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                          He looks like he would make a pretty ferocious guard dog as well. I have found those little guys like that can be very protective. You have a very nice place with what looks like could be a landing strip near the house?

EAA# 1366802
                          AMA# 631508

Comment

Originally posted by CVA59 View Post

He looks like he would make a pretty ferocious guard dog as well. I have found those little guys like that can be very protective. You have a very nice place with what looks like could be a landing strip near the house?
                            Thank you, yes...taxi out of hangar and fly.
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Thank you, yes...taxi out of hangar and fly.
                              That is NICE!!!! Wish I had a setup like that. :Cool:

EAA# 1366802
                              AMA# 631508

Comment

Love my pups

Comment

Some brilliant photos here guys

Here is a short vid of my autonamous quad landing with a couple of my dogs. (I actually have 3 but the other one sticks with my wife mostly)
                                  Ziggy couldn't care less today but Heidi is always curious.

Comment

Hahaha, they act like seeing a UFO is nothing to get uptight about, LOL. The pug is hilarious.

EAA# 1366802
                                    AMA# 631508

Comment

The first pic is K9 Deuce, my partner for the last six years of my full time career. He was a great partner and made police work fun! Deuce retired with me in 2010, coming to live with us, and passed a couple of year later.

The second photos are of Odon, our current four legged kid, which is Deuce's Great, Great, Great Nephew. From the same bloodline and just as smart as his uncle, but lacking police training, he thinks he is a 100 pound Cocker Spaniel.

Odon occasionally enjoys a trip to the flying field. He looks intimidating guarding planes, but he is really just waiting for the next person to come along and toss a frisbee for him to fetch.

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                                        The first pic is K9 Deuce, my partner for the last six years of my full time career. He was a great partner and made police work fun! Deuce retired with me in 2010, coming to live with us, and passed a couple of year later.

The second photos are of Odon, our current four legged kid, which is Deuce's Great, Great, Great Nephew. From the same bloodline and just as smart as his uncle, but lacking police training, he thinks he is a 100 pound Cocker Spaniel.

Odon occasionally enjoys a trip to the flying field. He looks intimidating guarding planes, but he is really just waiting for the next person to come along and toss a frisbee for him to fetch.
                                        NICE pics. Sorry to hear Deuce passed.

When I was active as a police officer, my partner was our K-9 unit. He had a Belgian Malinoise that was trained in Germany and then imported to us. He was an out of this world smart dog but very aggressive.

EAA# 1366802
                                        AMA# 631508

Comment

Working...
                                        X