X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found Pilot Ryan and Mike

great special at Arrows RC HZ.. might just order 2!

This post confuses me... :Thinking:

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
      This post confuses me... :Thinking:
      Why does it confuse you?
      Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

Probably for the same reason it confuses me.
        For those that might not understand the shorthand of "Arrows RC HZ.." like I fortunately did, see next sentence.
        What does Arrows RC warbirds distributed exclusively through Hobby Zone have to do with Pilot Ryan and Capt Mike. :Confused:
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

The way I understand it, Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike are now independent contractors.

They no longer exclusively represent Motion RC.

They just put out a video introducing two new planes (T-28 and Bearcat) from Arrows RC (a new manufacturer).
          Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

By the way, the special is $20.00 off. These 1100mm planes look really nice and list for $189.00. With $20.00 off and free shipping, they can't be beat!

By the way, I have no affiliation with arrows RC, I just follow Pilot Ryans and Capt Mikes youtube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by vdanger View Post
              By the way, the special is $20.00 off. These 1100mm planes look really nice and list for $189.00. With $20.00 off and free shipping, they can't be beat!

By the way, I have no affiliation with arrows RC, I just follow Pilot Ryans and Capt Mikes youtube channel.
              $50 of if you buy 2.

Comment

After watching the 2 build vids by Ryan on the T-28 and F8F, am highly convinced that these Arrows RC models are a facet of the FMS product line.
                Going out on the limb publicly with my rationale.;)
                The mounting bracket for the drop tank on the Bearcat is definitely FMS.
                The motor is the same 3536-850kV that is/was used on the FMS 1100 Typhoon/1050 PT-17/1030 HS 123/ 1400 J-3 Cub and Skytrainer 182.
                It has been rebadged with the Arrows label but using the same colors as the FMS Predator badge which was a rebadge of the PAEP.
                The RocHobby planes were a product of FMS and the 3536-850kV motor was used in the 1100 Waco and Staggerwing.
                The motor X mount is the same as the FMS X Motor Mount ( Look at the list of 15 birds, 10 of which are in the 1100 size.)
                Going even further the RocHobby 1100 R2G Corsair's prop hub looks identical to the Arrows Bearcat.
                I could throw a couple more details in but suffice to say I think it is FMS's attempt to stay relevant with E-Flite's fleet of very popular 1200 sizes warbirds but under a new product label.
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Interesting thread. Well here are a few real world facts. Selling their models they are going head to head with the 2 ton gorilla in the room. Hobbyking views themselves as, "Well" the King of the 1100mm size of planes. So they're rumbling with a big animal in that alone. If these guys start to pressure FMS about this, well I think we all know what may happen, their brand life might be short lived as I'm pretty certain the Australians purchase & sell more FMS stuff than anyone else on earth, (my opinion, simply my opinion). My guess the minimum order from FMS to allow for this private labeling would be maybe 500 units give or take. I'll be optimistic and say each unit cost them $100, So i figure they may have just spent say 150K for inventory, not to mention labeling, shipping an such. So to say the least, these guys have made an investment. Additionally on the bright side, their planes look pretty good to me.

I personally won't be ordering one of these, as I still have a brand new Flightline Bearcat in the box, have a brand new HK Centennial US Navy T-28, and just bought my first Mustang I have ever purchased from MRC that hasn't even arrived yet, LOL.

However I'm glad to hear we have a new player in the game. Point is they may just make something I don't have, Like a very overdue OV-10, : ). I'm not going to lie, 1100mm planes are my personal favorite size. They fly & look as good as any, (my opinion). Easy to carry around, easy to store. Not to expensive to purchase. Why do you think it's HK's largest, most successful product line with it's Durafly brand? (not sure about this consider it an opinion).

SO to that end I would like to well come, "Arrows RC" to the game, I don't think this is an easy business and I wish you the best of luck. My best advise, make something new and exciting.

Point of reference, I think I've counted (6) all new Mustangs since the beginning of the year. God how many will there be? On the live stream many were calling for a new Corsair.

I'll leave you with this.

"The definition of insanity, is, doing the exact same thing over and over again, expecting things to change. That. Is. Crazy"

Taken from the urban dictionary, with out the profanity.

Best Regards
                  Woody

PS, how many new Mustangs do you think we need? I say at lease 100. One can never get enough Mustangs. LOL Wait here's an idea. Make an OV-10????

Comment

Originally posted by vdanger View Post
                    The way I understand it, Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike are now independent contractors.

They no longer exclusively represent Motion RC.

They just put out a video introducing two new planes (T-28 and Bearcat) from Arrows RC (a new manufacturer).
                    I get it now, but a simple link to that video sure would have made that post make a lot more sense!

Comment

What fun would it be if we didn't have to figure it out?

Woody

Comment

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                        What fun would it be if we didn't have to figure it out?

Woody
                        :Win::Win::Win:
                        Woody for the Win!

Comment

Working...
                        X