X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutting doors and leaving.

So last week my garage caved in during the -50 cold snap we had for a week in WI. I lost all my foam birds except the 1600 spit that I had in the house. A plane which I hate by the way. Insurance adjuster came today and of course none of the dozen birds I had are covered. So I have nothing to fly except this plane which I hate for more than one reason. Coupled with the fact that I was hoping to get into the new corsair and I see the price just went up 60 bucks. I am shutting it down. I have been priced out of the hobby and cant afford to rebuild my stable at all. This happened to me in Pinball to when all the yuppies came. The last batch of pilots are at my house for Todd and Dave and then thats that. I cant afford this anymore and its just to depressing to stick around. I am just defeated and crushed not only by the loss of my stuff but by the fact that I can no longer pay 460 bucks for a plane anymore. I have been with Motion almost since the beginning but I gotta call it.

Later folks!
    AMA 1102566

Wow.... I am so sorry to hear about the garage crash... Of course the insurance folks don't think of the "toys" as higher dollar assets.
    Ben, you have great talent, but you are a really decent guy! Almost nice!! :P Really Bro, let us all help you out!! Who of my R/C brothers and sisters out there want to help Ben get a Corsair? I do!! I am in for 200.00 on a gift card. We love you bud!! Hang in there. And prayers are being sent right now for your recovery and restoration back to what it was!!! It may take a while to get back in the saddle, but you can do it!!! Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
      Wow.... I am so sorry to hear about the garage crash... Of course the insurance folks don't think of the "toys" as higher dollar assets.
      Ben, you have great talent, but you are a really decent guy! Almost nice!! :P Really Bro, let us all help you out!! Who of my R/C brothers and sisters out there want to help Ben get a Corsair? I do!! I am in for 200.00 on a gift card. We love you bud!! Hang in there. And prayers are being sent right now for your recovery and restoration back to what it was!!! It may take a while to get back in the saddle, but you can do it!!! Jerry
      I appreciate the thoughts and the offer mate. I really do. I just feel defeated. It was hard to see the initial collapse it was even harder to just let it sit until insurance came. I had several planes in there. Dynam 262 Fms T28 Fw F86 Fms p51 Fms p47 HK v2 Cub and my biggest sentimental loss was the green fms zero. I just dont know what to say other than it sucks and its hard.
      AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post

I appreciate the thoughts and the offer mate. I really do. I just feel defeated. It was hard to see the initial collapse it was even harder to just let it sit until insurance came. I had several planes in there. Dynam 262 Fms T28 Fw F86 Fms p51 Fms p47 HK v2 Cub and my biggest sentimental loss was the green fms zero. I just dont know what to say other than it sucks and its hard.
        So sorry to hear this :( What caused the collapse? Snow on the roof?, glad you weren't hurt

Comment

Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

So sorry to hear this :( What caused the collapse? Snow on the roof?, glad you weren't hurt
          Weight of snow and the 50 mph winds. Thank you. We where sleeping when it happened.
          AMA 1102566

Comment

I have a plane A and plan B for you. Normally insurance will insure the contents of a structure if you provide receipts. Your policy will state the dollar amount of covered contents. I can get you all your receipts for every penny you have spent with us. If you need help, I'm happy to get on the phone and do a conference call with your insurance company. Your planes are not so expensive they would need to be scheduled on the policy so they should be covered with proper documentation which I can provide. If that does not work, send me a PM and I'll call you and we can work on plan B. However, I'm confident I can help you get your planes covered. What insurance company covers your home?

Comment

Morning!!! We have two other brothers here that want to pitch in for a Corsair for you. We are at almost 400.00 already!!! Should I go ahead and have them send me the gift card numbers and I just ship the Corsair to you, or do you want me to email them to you directly? And I second Tom on the receipts!!! Hang in there and let me know!! Jerry

Comment

Ben.........I'm sad to hear about your emotional trauma that this is putting you through.
                Maybe you don't remember last July when my garage burned to the ground ( A major kick to WBC's cojones ) but I do totally get what you're feeling.
                My initial post on that thread said I was going to be AWOL from the forum for a while but thanx to many well wishers that asked me not to disappear I'm still here today and it actually helped me to climb through the mess emotionally.
                Yes it is a slow painful process trying to get back somewhat whole again but don't give up.
                I'm still working on the replacement of stuff (not all of it cause am redirecting my focus) but it will eventually get there.
                Best regards,
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Hardway and others, thank you for the generosity towards a fellow flyer, friend and Squawk member! It really is humbling to see the help being offered. Keep your head up Ben! I can only imagine how tough it is right now emotionally but know you have a community behind you to help support you and get you through this difficult time. Thanks to the unbelievable act of kindness and generosity of Hardway and others, it appears your Birdcage is in your near future! While it won't make up for your loss, hopefully it will help bridge your way back to the hobby you care about.
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Hey Jerry,I'm down for $50, where do I sign up?

Comment

https://www.motionrc.com/products/motion-rc-gift-card and just send me the number on a PM!!! Thanks Brad!!! Blessings Bro! Really appreciate the help and team work!!! Jerry

Comment

Well I am kinda strapped right now but How about I send you a nice Eflite spitfire or a Dura fly spit, Flyzone corsair etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
                          Well I am kinda strapped right now but How about I send you a nice Eflite spitfire or a Dura fly spit, Flyzone corsair etc...
                          JBG!! Thanks for that... Can you PM Ben and ask him if that will help? I don't want to publicly post his address without permission... His user name is AkumaZeto

Comment

Thanks for all the great responses and support. Have had five pledges so far and can use some more to help rebuild the fleet for Ben (AkumaZeto)!!! Bless you all for helping!!! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Motion RC Gift Cards Motion RC Gift Cards are the most convenient way to give the gift of RC to someone special. They are available in $25, $50, $100, $150, and $200 denominations. Click the gift card image below to learn more.

Comment

So last week my garage caved in during the -50 cold snap we had for a week in WI. I lost all my foam birds except the 1600 spit that I had in the house. A plane which I hate by the way. Insurance adjuster came today and of course none of the dozen birds I had are covered. So I have nothing to fly except this plane which I hate for more than one reason. Coupled with the fact that I was hoping to get into the new corsair and I see the price just went up 60 bucks. I am shutting it down. I have been priced out of the hobby and cant afford to rebuild my stable at all. This happened to me in Pinball to when all the yuppies came. The last batch of pilots are at my house for Todd and Dave and then thats that. I cant afford this anymore and its just to depressing to stick around. I am just defeated and crushed not only by the loss of my stuff but by the fact that I can no longer pay 460 bucks for a plane anymore. I have been with Motion almost since the beginning but I gotta call it.

Later folks!
                              Wow; that is a disastrous story and any loss of anything in this life is always hard hitting, especially when one of the best parts of your life has been torn apart. I wish you great success in rebuilding that venture, because it's a good one worth every penny. I realize that Motion no longer has the FMS 1400mm Green Zero, but it's still alive out there online. I do have a question about your thoughts about the 1600mm Spitfire being a plane that you hate! Why do you hate it so much? I thought that was the Spitfire that everyone has dreamed about flying? Perhaps this isn't the time to ask, but could you elaborate?

Comment

Howdy Everyone…

I wanted to update the Squawk on our efforts to help Ben (AkumaZeto - Pilot Painting Service).

We had five pledges for gift cards and one pledge for airplanes NIB to donate! And I provided the rest via Pay Pal.
                                The total gift cards were for 150.00, 100.00, 100.00, 50.00, 50.00. The guys are great an some want to stay anonymous, so no names!! LOL

The Birdcage Corsair has already shipped, along with an extra prop hub and propeller blades.

The two (2) Admiral 5000 batteries where ordered about 30 minutes ago and will ship soon.

Our total donations to our brother Ben is $ 690.98!

Great job, and thanks to all who helped and supported this effort with your monetary/material contributions, as well as thoughts and prayers and words of encouragement.

Have a very happy, peaceful and blessed weekend all!!

Hardway aka Jerry

Comment

Fantastic! Thank you all for your incredible display of comradery and generosity! It's examples like this that prove a good forum community goes far beyond just typing on a keyboard. Bravo Zulu!! :Cool: :Cool: :Cool: :Cool:
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Later folks!
                                    Sorry to hear about your loss AZ. I'm glad no one got hurt but I know that wisconsin people are tougher than that and don't give up easy. Hang in there my friend things will get better, I know all the people on the Squawk are behind you.;)

Comment

I'm almost typless here ... It's so heart warming to see this Squawkin' community come together for a brother in distress! My hat's off to ya all... :Cool:

As sad as it is, I'm still happy to read the bird's were the only causalities. Glad you and your family are unscathed for the most part. :Whew:
                                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                                        I have a plane A and plan B for you. Normally insurance will insure the contents of a structure if you provide receipts. Your policy will state the dollar amount of covered contents. I can get you all your receipts for every penny you have spent with us. If you need help, I'm happy to get on the phone and do a conference call with your insurance company. Your planes are not so expensive they would need to be scheduled on the policy so they should be covered with proper documentation which I can provide. If that does not work, send me a PM and I'll call you and we can work on plan B. However, I'm confident I can help you get your planes covered. What insurance company covers your home?
                                        Super Moderator seems so understated, and big kudos to everyone who pitched in.
                                        Well played, Tom.

Comment

Working...
                                        X