X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello 1st post!

Just wanted my first post to be an introduction. Been into RC aircraft and RC in general for over 20 years, but just now coming back to planes after a hiatus from flying helis. I already have an Avanti 80mm and enjoy reading the "Official" build threads of the Jet EDFS as that seems to be what Im getting into. Thanks for having the forum available, a lot of good information on here!

Originally posted by DaleP View Post
    Just wanted my first post to be an introduction. Been into RC aircraft and RC in general for over 20 years, but just now coming back to planes after a hiatus from flying helis. I already have an Avanti 80mm and enjoy reading the "Official" build threads of the Jet EDFS as that seems to be what Im getting into. Thanks for having the forum available, a lot of good information on here!
    Welcome to Hobby Squawk!...you'll love it here ;)
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by DaleP View Post
      DP, A very hearty Welcome to "The Squawk". Seems as though you have a renewed enthusiasm. LOL Great info here and even better folks, if that's possible. Glad you're here, sir. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Welcome home to Hobby Squawk, DaleP! Enjoy your Avanti, since you've been in the hobby for 20 years plus helos you already know the drill. Fly, crash, repeat. Welcome :)
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
          Welcome home to Hobby Squawk, DaleP! Enjoy your Avanti, since you've been in the hobby for 20 years plus helos you already know the drill. Fly, crash, repeat. Welcome :)
          Welcome to Hobby Squawk DaleP! A wealth of knowledge and some good times here on these forums.

Alpha my friend, you forgot an important part of the drill. Fly, Crash, REPAIR, Repeat.:)

Comment

Welcome Dale.

Comment

Welcome to the Squawk! Be prepared to buy quite a few more Freewing EDFs!

Comment

Welcome to the Squawk DaleP. You came to the right place, a wealth of info and great folks. Good flying and don't go back into heli mode while your reaquainting yourself.:)

Comment

Yes, The Fly, Crash, Spend Money, Repair, Set all back up again ( I like to call that process work bench or bench flying), Fly again and Repeat is quite familiar. For those of you that remember Heliproz before Amain bought the domain, I was on a first name basis with a few of those guys! Even though I have a love for the two bladed hobby, its waayyyyyy too time consuming now when you have little ones that want your time. I'm in love with these PNP aircraft because I can build, setup, bench fly and maiden in a weekend! I think that's an amazing feat!

I used to kinda balk at foamy airplanes until I found Motion RC and purchased two, yes two, Avanti. They look great, they fly great, and we have parts available, and they are not 3k like their composite brothern! Whats not to like?!

And Alpha, are there any plans for maybe some 105mm or 120mm edfs? A 50 to 55 inch, 105mm 8s or 10s BAE Hawk with that black and British flag paint scheme would be the bomb diggidy! I know it would be in the 800 to 1k price range, but thats still a LOT cheaper than a composite... Just sayin!

Like this https://www.flickr.com/photos/linda_chen/5500331210

Or https://www.flickr.com/photos/defenceimages/5035957733/

Anyways, its only my second post, don't wanna ruffle any feathers comin in here saying "Hey,, what you need to do is!!!!" :)

Thank You for the warm welcome gentlemen............... Now its time to get back to putting some JP brakes on one of my Avanti!

Comment

Welcome Dale! It's a crazy addiction we can't seem to quit but I wouldn't have it any other way!
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

^^^^ Truth!!

Welcome to the forums, Dale...
                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

I'm also a newbie here. Glad to see you dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Ankoush View Post
                          I'm also a newbie here. Glad to see you dude.
                          AK, :) Welcome to the "Squawk". Many fine folks and much good info. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                          X