X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying selling and closing on a deal

Just recently I sold some airplanes, and had one which I think I asked too little. The buyer gave me the money via PP and he was coming over on the next few days to pick it up. A friend from the club showed up and saw the plane I just sold, and he offered me almost twice what the other guy paid.

I know there is a honor system and closing on a deal, but also nothing is sealed until goods are delivered. Similar cases happen during the purchase of a home etc until there is that signature etc its up for grabs to the best bidder.

This has never happened before, and feel terrible about it. I do need the extra money and is an offer to hard to let down.

what should I do? whaaaaaatttt? lol
    *no, seriously, any input would be great!

You got the money by PP.... you were paid. the item is sold.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
      You got the money by PP.... you were paid. the item is sold.
      AGREED..............the payment is as binding as a signature that was referenced in the home buying analogy.
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

but on the same token he may end up selling it and making money out of it, I think I under priced it

In fact, my friend asked me who the person is so he can buy it from him....

Comment

That’s no longer your concern if he sells it for more money or keeps it. You two agreed on a price. He paid you. You accepted it. Nothing to do with honor or signature as there are digital fingerprints all over this. Deal is done. Anything less than him getting the exact merchandise he paid for can be considered fraud.

Comment

You put a price on the item and he paid it. You accepted the payment . This is a done deal.

Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Its done when he gets the item.

Welcome to America

I basically answered my own question.

thank you

Comment

Thanks for the warning never to trust you.
                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by crankestein View Post
                  Its done when he gets the item.

Welcome to America

I basically answered my own question.

thank you
                  If I were on the other end of this deal I'd drag your ass into small claims court just for the fun of it.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post

If I were on the other end of this deal I'd drag your ass into small claims court just for the fun of it.

Mike
                    Such kind words.
                    Find me the legal link, educate us. For those of you who think signing on a house is yours you are in the wrong. All you are signing for is the loan, the house belongs to the bank until fully paid and still there is property tax forever so literally the land is not really yours.

​​​​​​ALL the housesI have bought, there is a disclaimer that clearly states that if the builder/seller for whatever reason, or whoever,thebank, had the title incorrect in terms of the land, the contract I SIGNED is void. That the land for whatever reason, inheritance, mixed titles, incorrect data etc

*Let me guess, YOUHAVE NEVER EVER returned anything, because when you go to Walmart, or buy a brand new car there is always a time to return it and yes I returned once a car within the seller three days, no questions asked.

About houses, yes, I can be in that house legally signed everything, and go through all the motions of closing etc and later be stripped of it, pack your bags and get out, w NO penalty of any kind and am talking at least on the state of Florida and MD.

Comment

Such kind words.
                      Find me the legal link, educate us. For those of you who think signing on a house is yours you are in the wrong. All you are signing for is the loan, the house belongs to the bank until fully paid and still there is property tax forever so literally the land is not really yours.

​​​​​​ALL the housesI have bought, there is a disclaimer that clearly states that if the builder/seller for whatever reason, or whoever,thebank, had the title incorrect in terms of the land, the contract I SIGNED is void. That the land for whatever reason, inheritance, mixed titles, incorrect data etc

*Let me guess, YOUHAVE NEVER EVER returned anything, because when you go to Walmart, or buy a brand new car there is always a time to return it and yes I returned once a car within the seller three days, no questions asked.

About houses, yes, I can be in that house legally signed everything, and go through all the motions of closing etc and later be stripped of it, pack your bags and get out, w NO penalty of any kind and am talking at least on the state of Florida and MD.
                      Look it's simple you sold a item for a agreed price and took payment. Good luck trying to defend that. You came on here asking and we all agreed that your wrong and you don't like it. It's rather simple. It's a model airplane for Gods sake not a house or a car where you have a "buyers remorse" deal. and as a FYI that's for the buyer not the seller............................................ Not mention he has rights thru PayPal that 99% of the time side with the buyer.

Mike

Comment

Wow yeeeesh. Your a not a person I would do business with. **** I spend hours and hours painting stuff and often under sell but I dont contact a client and say hey I need more money.
                        AMA 1102566

Comment

:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

Well, I had a guy who had sellers remorse on a DLE 35cc, after we agreed on the sale.

99% to give him his money back....

am still waiting for the small claims court disclaimers

Have you ever returned an item? so you never had ever?

The dryer at the house broke down last week,and the Ac coil this week.... so yes, am a little short on money this month, else would have not done it.
                            And all the tornado watches on the central states, wind storms etc, have work pending on the roof for the replacement of shingles.

Comment

Well, I had a guy who had sellers remorse on a DLE 35cc, after we agreed on the sale.

99% to give him his money back....

am still waiting for the small claims court disclaimers

Have you ever returned an item? so you never had ever?

The dryer at the house broke down last week,and the Ac coil this week.... so yes, am a little short on money this month, else would have not done it.
                              You can sue anyone for anything ( where ya been). I your case I'd do it just to drag you though it. Your defending your position to a group that ani't buying any of it. Might as well walk away now. Your reputation is shot here.

Mike

Comment

Ok, am not a hundred dollar bill unfortunately and dont want to be.

Welcome to America, the land of the free!

You can sew for anything, really?
                                thanks for the latest news.

Comment

what should I do? whaaaaaatttt? lol
                                  *no, seriously, any input would be great!
                                  You didn't mean any of this, did you? :Loser:

Comment

Ok, am not a hundred dollar bill unfortunately and dont want to be.

Welcome to America, the land of the free!

You can sew for anything, really?
                                    thanks for the latest news.
                                    Nor are you a stand up guy or do you honor your word.
                                    Have a great day.
                                    Mike

Comment

Working...
                                    X