X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D Day

I hope everyone took a moment to remember the 75th Anniversary of the Longest Day.
    It brought a tear to my eye to see the vets there in Normandy, probably for the last time and a sense of pride that a grateful world still remembers that, if not for these people, the world would be a very different place. Do me a favor and this weekend, take your bird with the Invasion Stripes on it and do an honor flight!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Yes sir! Never forget! :Cool:

Comment

Also, we can't forget the battle of Midway!! What a turning point there. The Japanese got it handed to them!!! Never forget Torpedo Squadron 8.... One survivor!! :Crying:

Comment

Your right!
        After Midway, the Japanese never won a battle and we never lost, says it all!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

You mess with the Bull, you get the horns ;)
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Unfortunately a huge percentage of the American population has no idea of this topic.

Comment

Yes it's sad. Every school kid should have to take at least a virtual tour of the Cemetery at Normandy and learn what was sacrificed for them.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                Yes it's sad. Every school kid should have to take at least a virtual tour of the Cemetery at Normandy and learn what was sacrificed for them.

Grossman56
                Here's some fun facts. Did you know that Uncle Fester from the Addams Family flew one of the troop gliders? And one of your soon-to-be former countryman, who was famous for a certain TV show he was on was wounded and lost three fingers during the invasion? And to make matters worse, it was one of his own sentries.

Comment

Working...
                X