X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation Themed Podcasts!

Anyone have any recommendations for podcasts dealing with military jets, air combat, aviation history, etc? I have pretty much replaced my music playlists on my commute to all podcasts so I am always looking for something new to listen to. If you are new to the podcast scene and are looking for a something to listen to yourself I would highly recommend The Fighter Pilot Podcast.

I met many people over the course of my career who reminded me of the public’s more-than-passing interest in combat aircraft. Responses to learning what I did were typically, “that’s cool!” or, “man, I wanted to do that, but….” Circumstances permitting, the new acquaintance and I would frequently spend the next several minutes (or sometimes hours) discussing what it was like to fly a high-performance jet fighter, pull G’s, or land on an aircraft carrier at night.

This fascination with my profession was humbling and I know this experience was not unique to me—most of my fighter pilot friends report similar interactions.

Before retiring from the Navy in early 2017 I knew it was important to find a way to stay connected to the profession that so indelibly shaped my life. I also realized there must be a lot of people out there who would love to know more about what it’s like in the world of combat aviation but might never have an opportunity to find out, short of a chance encounter with a military pilot.

The Fighter Pilot Podcast seeks to satisfy both.
    Some of my favorite episodes so far; 044 The A-10 Thunderbolt, 042 F-14 Tomcat, F/A-18 Super Hornet, UFOS, Top Gun vs TOP GUN, Callsigns.
Working...
X