X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEVER FORGET

It has been 18 years, but seems like yesterday...

It does seem like yesterday I will never forget where I was when I first heard the news. I have seen a lot of Beautiful tributes today to those we lost that day and to those brave men and women who never hesitated to do what ever they could to help those in need on this tragic day in American history.

Comment

I bet our parents, grandparents, and even some peoples great-grandparents felt the same way about Pearl Harbor. But one thing that all ways bothered me was in the aftermath, it seemed to be all about the police and firefighters in NYC and the folks in the Pentagon were pretty much ignored. And then there's the conspiracy theorists who claim it was an "inside job". If that were the case, it was a bad plan, because if you want to scare the crap out of people, you don't just have the "attack happen in basically the same geographic area. If it were a "false flag" operation, they would have crashed a planes into other buildings elsewhere, Like the Sears Tower in Chicago, and/or the Space Needle in Seattle(which was later a target of another plot that was foiled) or the Trans-america Building in San Francisco.

Comment

Impossible to forget. The darkest day of my lifetime bar none. So many heroes and innocents lost that day.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

One of the reasons i felt compelled to join the Army. Couldn't sit on the sideline and watch without a chance to return fire.

Comment

The biggest problem is we don't truly fight wars anymore, we haven't since WWII. Politicians telling the folks on the ground what to do while they're cozy in DC, lining up gigs on the "mashed potato" circuit. And then there good old Slick Willy, getting Bin Laden handed to him on a plate and he turned down this deal that may have prevented this tragedy. And here we are, 18 years later and we're still in Afghanistan. It should have been a total "bug hunt" until we found Bin Laden and then "tossed them a check" as we left, like we did in WWII. And what's even worse is that our so-called ally, Pakistan, knew where he was and didn't say a thing, and wasn't held accountable.

Comment

It really is impossible to forget. These days it seems I can't tell you what I did, or where I was last week. Although I can tell you exactly where I stood, watched it happen, and the thoughts that went through my mind on that exact day and time. Like rifleman, it was my son, my only child in this world, went right from graduation to the recruiter's office. Jumped in a tank with the US Army and spent 4 years taking out his agressions, losing more friends, brothers, and sisters. That call from him, after two tours, telling me, sounding almost ashamed, "Dad, I wanted to make a career of the Army.. but not of war. I wanna come home now". I can't ever forget that either. I know how selfish it sounds, but I was so relieved when he finally made it back home. My heart goes out to all we lost that day, and the following days of years that have followed... salute.
              Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Working...
              X