You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those also interested in railroads - BIG STEAM ON TOUR!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those also interested in railroads - BIG STEAM ON TOUR!

Union Pacific's newly restored Big Boy, 4014, will be making a large loop tour through multiple states over the next month. The route and dates she will be in various cities is on the UP's website.

Union Pacific’s historic Big Boy steam locomotive No. 4014 is touring the Union Pacific system throughout 2019 to commemorate the transcontinental railroad's 150th anniversary.

I got to follow her from Laramie to Cheyenne on her maiden voyage. It was AWESOME! So glad that UP has the gumption to keep these beasties alive.

Comment

Very cool! Rode the rails up into the Grand Canyon last month. Best way to visit the Canyon..in my opinion. Now we're looking into their Polar Express run for the upcoming holidays. I believe they are running their ol' steam locomotives on that run. ​​​​​​​
      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
        Very cool! Rode the rails up into the Grand Canyon last month. Best way to visit the Canyon..in my opinion. Now we're looking into their Polar Express run for the upcoming holidays. I believe they are running their ol' steam locomotives on that run. ​​​​​​​
        If you haven't yet, check out the Verde Canyon Railway as well. They're running classic EMD FP-7 locomotives, rather than steam, but it's a beautiful ride through the Verde River Canyon near Sedona/Red Rocks. During the winter, bald eagles are a common sight in the canyon, and much of the scenery can only be seen via the train.

Looking for a safe, fun, adventure in the Sedona area? A mix of old fashioned style and modern comfort, Verde Canyon railroad is a relaxing tour like you've never experienced.

Comment

We did that one last year for our anniversary in February. The wife just had to do the chocolate run. It was an enjoyable ride as well. If I have my way, we'd be hittin' them all...
          Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Well, when I was about four years old, my great-grandfather who had retired from the railroad got us a ride from Pittsburgh to New Castle. Later, when my ship was on deployment in the Mediterranean, I took a train from Toulon to this little college town called Aix-en-Provence. France is kind of OK once you get out of the cities.

Comment

Working...
            X