X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level 1 rocket certificate.

Thinking of getting mine. Also registering with NAR. I could use advice on a first entry level 1 rocket. Unfortunately we don't have FAA clearance to launch high power rockets.

Are in you BC Canada? I'm unsure of the launch regulations there. What are the requirements to get a license?

Regarding the FAA, I thought that if you're under 1.5kg they are not regulated by the FAA, and if you're over 1.5kg you just need to notify the closest tower before launch. Of course there are other restrictions with other agencies and entities. At least, the last time I checked. I haven't launched a rocket since '97..
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I'm a member of Bell Air flying club in Ferndale Washington . I live in B.C. , fly in Ferndale.It's only an hours drive away. The rocket launch site is nearby Ferndale, called Lummi nation. Not sure what height restrictions are yet, they use to have FAA clearance at one time. I'm still learning as I go. Been talking to the president of the club online. He's willing in helping me get me certified . Then I can fly mid powered rockets and planes the same day. P.S. With a level 3 you can fly 10 000 feet. As long as good parachute is deployed.

Comment

Just became member of NAR. "National Association of Rocketry". Hoping to get certified this new year. Starting off with the Graduater 2.6" rocket from Apogee rockets.Would like to have there Goblin rocket kit one day.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	223342 Welcome to High Powered Rocketry. I did my Level 1 in the Apogee G Force. Studying for my Level 2.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

I didn't know you were into rocketry as well, Mike! You guys have all the fun. I'm so jealous right now... if I launched a model rocket here in China, y'all would never hear from me again.

Comment

Semi active in model and high power rocketry here. I do a fair amount of radio control rocket glider flying and some Level 1 high power, H and I motors.

Here is a RC rocket glider project of mine from a few years ago: a semi scale RC German A-4b, the proposed winged and manned version of the V-2. Flights are short, but exciting. The model glides well enough considering what it is, but after motor burnout and one circle, it is time to line up for a landing.

It is a warbird that you do not often see at events...:)
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                I didn't know you were into rocketry as well, Mike! You guys have all the fun. I'm so jealous right now... if I launched a model rocket here in China, y'all would never hear from me again.
                Got back into it about 3 years ago. Our R/C Club supports it. We applied for ( and received ) a altitude waiver with the FAA last year and once a month we can fly to 14,000 with proper notification to the FAA.
                Way too much fun but High Power is pricey. Studying for my Level Two right now.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by tab28682 View Post
                  Semi active in model and high power rocketry here. I do a fair amount of radio control rocket glider flying and some Level 1 high power, H and I motors.

Here is a RC rocket glider project of mine from a few years ago: a semi scale RC German A-4b, the proposed winged and manned version of the V-2. Flights are short, but exciting. The model glides well enough considering what it is, but after motor burnout and one circle, it is time to line up for a landing.

It is a warbird that you do not often see at events...:)
                  I've been toying with the idea of doing a rocket powered glider. Looks like fun.

Mike

Comment

tab28682 Wow, I never thought I'd see an A-4b! Terrifying to think of the pilot's plight.

MikeT Where is your club? 14,000ft... only in my dreams. Subtract 13,000 from that to arrive at my all time high in a paltry Bertha.

Comment

Nothing but wide open spaces.

Comment

Working...
                      X