X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC Groups problem

Sorry to bring this up on this site, but I'm hoping some folks use both and can help me. I can't get RC Groups pages to load.Sometimes I'll get LTUP topics to load, but I can't get into any conversations at all. The banner will come up but then the page just keeps working and working and the page never finishes loading. Happens on my PC, laptop and phone. with either WiFi or my mobile data. No other web site is giving me problems. When the LTUP topic page comes up I can see that others have made posts, but I cannot access anything. I can't even tell anyone on the site about the problem. Thanks for any help.
    Dave

Have you tried logging out, clearing cookies, get out of the browser, go back in, log back in?

Comment

I was able to log out, couldn't log back in. The pages just don't seem to want to load. I'll try clearing the cookies. Thanks for the reply

Comment

Cleared cookies and lots of other data, no luck. The only page I can get to load is the LTUP threads page. Can't open any conversation or post anywhere, just get the banner and the "working" icon rotating forever. I was able to log back in. Trying some of the links on the banner I finally got this when I clicked on "places". Again, all other web sites I access with no problems. I also get a small message at the bottom of my screen that says,"Waiting for decals.rcgroups.net" Any help greatly appreciated.Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	34.7 KB ID:	262567

Comment

That's really weird. I just went to that forum and I'm automatically logged in when I click on the bookmark. I can even go into the only thread I'm subscribed to and I can even post on it.
          I noticed that at the bottom of the page, there is a "contact us" thing you can click on. Do you see it? Maybe try to use that to get some admin to check out your situation. Other than that, I have no idea how to help you.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I was finally able to get it working. I had to turn off acceptance of 3rd party cookies. Tryed a lot of things before that came up. Still no idea of how it all started. I was in the process of a long post in LTUP when the computer acted up and then I couldn't open threads or make posts. Really weird. No other web sites (that I visit) were affected.

Comment

I use Chrome as my browser and I've always "blocked 3rd party cookies", yet RC Groups works for me. (Not that I use RCG all that much anymore.)

PS. If it's any consolation, I've had a glitch on this forum for a very long time now that nobody here has been able to figure. I was told to do a work around (more tedious and less up to date). It bypasses the problem but doesn't actually fix it.

Comment

That's the funny part. AFAIK, I've always had 3rd party cookies blocked and RCG always worked properly. The problem manifested itself out of the blue while I was actually posting on RCG. Took a while to find that 3rd party cookies were NOT blocked. No idea what happened, but it's good now.

Comment

Working...
                X