You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's going on now with Customer Service at Motion RC?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on now with Customer Service at Motion RC?

I'm just curious, I called to order the Black Horse Spitfire two days ago. I sat on hold for 7 minutes and, it kept saying I was first in the que. Then there's no chat anymore. It sucks, because I ended up buying a Banana Hobby P-38. Now, I'm wishing i'd have waited. It's all fine, I'm just curious if Brad, Wayne, Martin if they are still with Customer service. I want to order from the "BEST". :)

I have noticed their chat support says "sorry, we aren't online at the moment". It's said that for at least the last week at all times of the day!

Comment

Originally posted by starcop View Post
      I'm just curious, I called to order the Black Horse Spitfire two days ago. I sat on hold for 7 minutes and, it kept saying I was first in the que. Then there's no chat anymore. It sucks, because I ended up buying a Banana Hobby P-38. Now, I'm wishing i'd have waited. It's all fine, I'm just curious if Brad, Wayne, Martin if they are still with Customer service. I want to order from the "BEST". :)
      I was receiving email responses from Martin on 11/10.

Comment

I'm curious why you need to talk to someone at Motion to order something. I just go to the webpage, put it in the cart, then check out and pay for it. No fuss, no muss. It's usually shipped within hours of me hitting the pay button.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          I'm curious why you need to talk to someone at Motion to order something. I just go to the webpage, put it in the cart, then check out and pay for it. No fuss, no muss. It's usually shipped within hours of me hitting the pay button.
          Perhaps questions about the plane that aren't answered in the product webpage?

Comment

I apologize. Currently we have a number of guys out on vacation before the busy holiday season and one out sick. The same is true next week as well. With so many people out, we have stopped using chat on a temporary basis. I checked our stats and 95% of phone calls have minimal to no hold time. I apologize for the busy times of the day. Everything will return to normal after next week and please know we are still here and answering all emails and phone calls but it may take just a bit longer from time to time for the next week. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by ISeeU

I would cancel that P-38 from BH, its complete junk . If you wanted a P-38 get the one from Motion
              I beg to differ. Yeah, it has lame retracts. Also, pretty bad servos. If a guy takes his time to rebuild some of these things; it's a pretty impressive airplane. They fly! I enjoy the larger aircraft and, yes. You are entitled to your opinion. But, I really like the P-38 and it was worth the purchase to me. :)

Comment

I beg to differ. Yeah, it has lame retracts. Also, pretty bad servos. If a guy takes his time to rebuild some of these things; it's a pretty impressive airplane. They fly! I enjoy the larger aircraft and, yes. You are entitled to your opinion. But, I really like the P-38 and it was worth the purchase to me. :)
                So, why this statement? ............................................... "Now, I'm wishing i'd have waited."
                Yes, we're entitled to our opinions, but my opinion is that if you must "take the time to rebuild some things", then it's junk. It may end up being with a good plane, but that doesn't negate it starting out as junk. I've had many Dynam plane and ALL of them have been "junk", UNTIL I rebuilt a bunch of stuff on them. Then they became good planes. (Oh, same goes for Banana Hobby stuff.)

Comment

[QUOTE=xviper;n298669]
                  "I've had many Dynam plane and ALL of them have been "junk", UNTIL I rebuilt a bunch of stuff on them. Then they became good planes. (Oh, same goes for Banana Hobby stuff.) "
                  Touché Monsieur Serpent. To be fair; for all the junk you bought, you should have waited too...😀...Enjoy the Polar Vortex....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by AirHead View Post
                    To be fair; for all the junk you bought, you should have waited too...😀...Enjoy the Polar Vortex....lol.
                    Where's the fun in that?
                    It's -25C right now with windchill ~-35C. About to dress up the little dog to go for his afternoon walk. He looks like a little Michelin man.

Comment

Honestly the guy’s working on chat are always great, fast and mostly efficient, at list on my experience,clearly they are in a tight situation and we should understand why. Yet, this guy’s are all the time 1 against everyone answering on planes,boats,tanks, cars and more .. Let see the bright side, the company getting bigger but better and i’m sure is not something so easy to do overnight.
                      botton line, let support them now more then ever. Bright future soon will come .
                      but this is only my personal opinion.

Comment

Where's the fun in that?
                        It's -25C right now with windchill ~-35C. About to dress up the little dog to go for his afternoon walk. He looks like a little Michelin man.
                        I could end up looking like a "Michelin Man" myself while I wait for work; eating rich foods; drinking vino and waiting for the deep freeze to turn so I can leave my igloo and actually try to fly something...The scientists need to develop a "heated transmitter"...

Comment

Originally posted by AirHead View Post
                          The scientists need to develop a "heated transmitter"...
                          Hehe! I think they came close ..................... It's a transmitter mitt with a LiPo powered heating element built inside.

Comment

So, why this statement? ............................................... "Now, I'm wishing i'd have waited."
                            Yes, we're entitled to our opinions, but my opinion is that if you must "take the time to rebuild some things", then it's junk. It may end up being with a good plane, but that doesn't negate it starting out as junk. I've had many Dynam plane and ALL of them have been "junk", UNTIL I rebuilt a bunch of stuff on them. Then they became good planes. (Oh, same goes for Banana Hobby stuff.)
                            Yes, Dynam are not at the top of my list either. I always had fitment troubles or bad servo right out of the box. My statement Now, I'm wishing I'd have waited. I should have said, I wished I had waited for someone to answer the phone call that day. I couldn't get through on that particular day. I was impatient and ordered a different model. That's all, it's not a big deal. I can always buy the Motion RC aircraft as well. Have a good one xviper! Good to hear from you! Correcting my grammar ha!

Comment

I had an old Futaba gold metal case 6 channel 72 MHz transmitter years ago with a NiCd battery that would heat up the whole case after 10 minutes or so. Never could figure out just why but it performed well and kept my fingers warm when it was cool outside.

Comment

I should have said, I wished I had waited for someone to answer the phone call that day. I couldn't get through on that particular day. I was impatient and ordered a different model.
                                Now I understand.

Comment

Now I understand.
                                  Right on Bro! Keep the wings level and the nose up. Happy flying xviper.

Comment

This may not be directly related to "customer service" but .................................. Yesterday, I ordered a big ARF plane kit (and a bunch of little parts for another plane) from Motion. Less than 2 hrs later, I got notified that the box was all packed, shipping forms filled out and waiting for FedEx to pick it up. ONE hr after that, FedEx picked it up and I'm supposed to see it at my door next Tuesday. That was the slower rate. I could have picked delivery today if I wanted to pay another 12 bucks extra but I really didn't need it that fast. Being in Canada, that's phenomenal and this is not unique. My last plane took the same amount of time.

Comment

This may not be directly related to "customer service" but .................................. Yesterday, I ordered a big ARF plane kit (and a bunch of little parts for another plane) from Motion. Less than 2 hrs later, I got notified that the box was all packed, shipping forms filled out and waiting for FedEx to pick it up. ONE hr after that, FedEx picked it up and I'm supposed to see it at my door next Tuesday. That was the slower rate. I could have picked delivery today if I wanted to pay another 12 bucks extra but I really didn't need it that fast. Being in Canada, that's phenomenal and this is not unique. My last plane took the same amount of time.
                                      These guys are phenomenal. Tom & Mark are exceptional in what they do for the RC Community. I worked for them in the past and, they really push to be the "BEST". My feeling is, I know they are. I had a motorcycle accident which ended up costing me a great job with them. Yes, Brian in shipping is fast, courteous and runs their shipping spot on. Awesome xviper! You must have a plethora of aircraft. Great times!

Comment

^ More than I have room for (>50 at present).

Comment

Working...
                                        X