Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What no Black Friday Sale?

Did I miss it??
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Motion hasn't had a BFS in over 5 years.
    The last and only(if memory serves correct) black Friday sale was when they still had the FMS Hellcat and I snagged that as it was soon
    to go on clearance a short while later when FMS discontinued it.
    Still have it and hoping that Alpha has as 1600 FL one in the pipeline to replace my well worn F6F when it's end of life arrives.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Well alright then.... lets bring it back then !

Attached Files
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Just a fair warning, Motion doesn't do many sales, since they make a quality product and price it fairly for the market, so they may not have the margins that the other guys may have. Truthfully, I am not too torn up about Motion not doing sales since their prices are good as is. If you listen to the MRC live streams James has mentioned about why MRC doesn't do sales multiple times.

Comment

If I cleared stock as quickly as these guys do I probably wouldn't leave any gross margin on the table either :)

Comment

I love Motion and support them, but when you have company’s like Apple and Amazon with great deals all weekend there’s no excuse, if it doesn’t effect their bottom line in sales purchased, then great, but then you lose Buisiness to other company’s easily. For example: I waited until late Friday to see if Motion would put anything on sale and they didn’t so I then purchased a new awesome C130 on HobbyKing $54 off. So instead of me buying a new plane from Motion they lost me, as a consumer we are looking for best deals possible especially during a huge sale week. MRC could’ve put a few planes they have that are over stocked on sale $20 - $30 off.

Comment

Sorry guys... I agree with Brinka...
              However I respect everyones opinion. :-)

Comment

I also noticed that in America there are no such wild Black Fridays as before, this year as well as in that year, fewer people buy something on Black Fridays and fewer shops are trying for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brinka View Post
                  I love Motion and support them, but when you have company’s like Apple and Amazon with great deals all weekend there’s no excuse, if it doesn’t effect their bottom line in sales purchased, then great, but then you lose Buisiness to other company’s easily. For example: I waited until late Friday to see if Motion would put anything on sale and they didn’t so I then purchased a new awesome C130 on HobbyKing $54 off. So instead of me buying a new plane from Motion they lost me, as a consumer we are looking for best deals possible especially during a huge sale week. MRC could’ve put a few planes they have that are over stocked on sale $20 - $30 off.
                  The problem here is that Apple products are sold at a huge markup, so any ' sale' they have means they are making 500% profit instead of 800%. Amazon squeezes their suppliers to the absolute lowest cost possible so they can advertise it cheap. motion RC is not even in the same universe as these two overblown behemoths. So motion not having a sale does not bother me in the slightest. I'll spend a bit more to help the little guy every time, over supporting those mega corporate ogres.

Comment

I'd love to spend some $$$ with the little guy too.....lots of items out of stock does not help :(

Comment

Working...
                    X