You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I was let go from Motion RC... I know its the past. But, I enjoy being a part of the RC community. Just so you know.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I was let go from Motion RC... I know its the past. But, I enjoy being a part of the RC community. Just so you know.

As a person, I've always enjoyed RC aircraft and the amazing evolution of technologies. One day, I decided to take a break from RC and start riding dirt-bikes again. In time, I started to feel young again and invincible through fitness. I started getting back into riding more. Jumping a motocross bike is just as exciting as your maiden flight. One-off day, I went riding and hit a jump that I'd jumped many times before. I ended up separating from the bike at 40 feet, landing on a downhill hard-packed ground. This is the information- I was given by the friends that were watching me ride. I knocked myself out, broke ten ribs, punctured both lungs and, broke my pelvis. Along with massive hematomas and, slivered the main artery along my back. Had that artery burst, I wouldn't be here today. This could get long, so I'll try to make it short. I got out of the rehabilitation center after 32 days. I tried to come back to work, working in customer service. I was on massive amounts of painkillers and then it leads to me drinking beer. The painkillers stopped working, so needless to say. I was not capable of performing my job. When Tom pulled the plug, I was bitter. He & Mark had already given me several other chances. I do miss, being a part of Motion RC, it's a fantastic place for a person who loves RC. The BEST! Just in case some past customers are bitter towards me, I wanted people to know. It was my bad for being BITTER and CHILDISH. Please forgive my past. I'm getting back into RC flight again, and I hope to enjoy this community of pilots again. Thank you, for reading.

Ouch! I don't know what age group you fall into but I gave up riding motorcycles back in my 20's after a couple of crashes both dirt and road. Fortunately none of my crashes resulted in major damage or broken bones like yours. It doesn't take long to realize it wasn't a long life type of endeavor.
    Here's to hoping for a less painful complete recovery and thank you for the courage to publicly offer an apology.

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
      Ouch! I don't know what age group you fall into but I gave up riding motorcycles back in my 20's after a couple of crashes both dirt and road. Fortunately none of my crashes resulted in major damage or broken bones like yours. It doesn't take long to realize it wasn't a long life type of endeavor.
      Here's to hoping for a less painful complete recovery and thank you for the courage to publicly offer an apology.
      It's all fine now. I still have some arm nerve damage, it kind of sucks. The lesson I learned the hard way. I felt like I should publicly post this because I was part of a great group of people. We all did the best we could under some really good leadership. I felt motion is the best in the business. The day I was hired with Motion RC brought tears to my eyes. I was so excited to be a part of this hobby & something I loved doing. My regret is I failed a wonderful group of people. Granted, it's not all "a hoot & holler" in customer service. People can be outright mean if they don't get their way. As a team, we always made the best of it. We could call each other and ask for advice and laugh and try to figure out the best way to handle it. Anyway, to conclude my book here... I felt like some people still hold some resentment towards me. Because I was so bitter and childish. It takes time to rebuild any relationships. Time will tell. Thanks, for listening.

Comment

Not a problem posting your downfall. We only go around once and no one gets out of this world alive anyway. You went and had some good times. Unfortunately physics won the challenge. The 6 Million Dollar Man had nothing on you according to your body damages. Good thing you're still alive and can still talk about it and fly RC planes! In the aftermath, you were not in the right place mentally or physically to deal with the public. Carry On Bravely...Fly On!....

Comment

Pain and pain medications, can really mess with our emotions and behaviors. When my Dad was in hospice with cancer, he actually said something to my Mom that I don't think he'd ever said to her in over fifty years of marriage - "Would you just shut up?!?" It was likely the the pain and meds messing with him, coupled with the frustration of not being able to do so many things he'd taken for granted over the years.

That you're not blaming others for it and owning your own behavior speaks volumes. Hopefully, those you might have offended during the tough times will be amenable to giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

For what it's worth, I can't speak for starcop's personal demons and issues he was dealing with during his time with us but he always came across to me as a caring individual with a big heart. We shared a lot of great laughs and believe me, you DO need a sense of humor at times in the Customer Service world...It can get intense to say the least. I was sad to see him leave the family but as he himself has said, it wasn't for a lack of leadership doing all they could at the time.

I was in a pretty bad car accident last year but I was lucky to only have two broken ribs and a fractured foot. I could barely move for 3 weeks. So to think of the injuries suffered in starcop's accident, I honestly don't know how one can deal with that level of pain. So good on ya bro for taking ownership of your past, and moving forward with positivity.
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
              For what it's worth, I can't speak for starcop's personal demons and issues he was dealing with during his time with us but he always came across to me as a caring individual with a big heart. We shared a lot of great laughs and believe me, you DO need a sense of humor at times in the Customer Service world...It can get intense to say the least. I was sad to see him leave the family but as he himself has said, it wasn't for a lack of leadership doing all they could at the time.

I was in a pretty bad car accident last year but I was lucky to only have two broken ribs and a fractured foot. I could barely move for 3 weeks. So to think of the injuries suffered in starcop's accident, I honestly don't know how one can deal with that level of pain. So good on ya bro for taking ownership of your past, and moving forward with positivity.
              Thank you, Aros. It was an honor working with you. Plus, getting to meet people that enjoy the same hobby as I do! I'm just letting people know the past is the past. I'm just enjoying building, getting ready to fly RC airplanes. I've met so many new friends back in the day, it was awesome. I even met people close by to go fly with. Thank you, Aros for the back-up! Nowadays, I enjoy a few beers and relax a lot more. I think the beer makes me more sentimental. LOL, oh well. It's legal and fun. Ya just can't overdo it! Peace out.

Comment

Working...
              X