X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retirement

Well, retirement is right around the corner, literally, as of next Tuesday, I wrap up 50 years in the work force!!
    Lots of time for airplanes and camping time with the wife and well, anything I want!
    Diane is doing great after the winter from Hell! She's through Cancer, blood tests are remarkably great, lung infect has cleared up completely and no sign of fluid around her heart, they even got it beating correctly!! Someone's watching over her for sure!!

Anyway, I want to get back on HS more often I've kind of slacked with good reason, through the last Winter.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	35431378505_615378fe3e_ba.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	315952

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Very happy the hear that Diane is doing well! Those journeys can really tap your mental, physical, and spiritual resources. Coming out the other side does make you stronger.

Ahhh retirement, the long awaited goal. If you are like most of us, you'll find that you will be busier than when you were working. Enjoy!

Maybe, one day, we'll cross paths at an event sometime.

Comment

I've been retired for 12 years now. I think I was born to be retired. Best job in the world. And the pensions pay me for just being alive. You'll love it.

Comment

Nice to hear things are looking up for you and Dianne Gman. Good luck on your retirement you've earned it

Comment

Hey buddy...........this is ALL great stuff to hear. We'll have to plan for a future gathering of the long distance warbird haulers.
          There is a nominal chance that I may go to the old NEFI at the end of July this year.
          It all depends on the contractors schedule for the makeover of the house exterior......new roof, windows, siding.
          Had to bite the bullet and pay someone to renovate what I did myself 30+ years ago.
          Just can't physically do what I used to do in my younger years.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks guys! Well, there comes a point when you ask yourself, "What about me? When is it my time?" and that point came when they wanted to put me back on rotating shifts. Finish at 8 PM and start the next day at 8AM. I said sorry, at 67 years, I can't do that.
            Funds will be a bit tight but nothing we can't handle. We've kicked around the idea of working the tourist industry through the Summer months, heck we could even work in Yellowstone Nat for the Summer and camp free!
            Meanwhile, I can get back in the air! I have several projects that have been waiting for me, some outside house improvements, but I hear you CB when you say that 30 years takes a tole.
            We're off to Virginia City Montana next Friday for a long overdue camping vacation. Haven't been out in almost 2 years. Just had the trailer gone through, the bearings needed packing, no wonder, after two trips to NEFI and several other distant trips and the tip out rubber seals were peeling off so those got replaced as well. Dang truck had some oil leaks and surprise, had a broken front axle! Anyway, all repaired now and ready to tow.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Congratulations, Grossman56! Look forward to seeing you out at the flying field in Cody sometime!

Cheers

davegee

Comment

Congrats, I'm 10 behind you.
                AMA 424553

Comment

Congratulations on your imminent retirement young man and even more congratulations for the blessings of your wife's rebound!
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Congrats Grossman! Never had the opportunity to meet, but I got a good feeling it's a well deserved break from the workforce.
                    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Thanks guys, was at the field today, flew my RV8, Bearcat and my oldest flying airplane, Big Beautiful Doll. I was talking to one of the guys about dragging out some less flown airplanes and he reminded me of a fly in happening next week (at Riverton Wy) I replied, "That's okay, I have all next week off!" That got a chuckle!!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                      X