You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiya! I'm new! (Please don't hurt me...)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiya! I'm new! (Please don't hurt me...)

Hi folks,
    New to the forum, so I thought I'd be polite and introduce myself. I'm Rob. I'm from the Netherlands. I'm old (my user name might be hinting at that) and altho not new to modelling (static) I am new to RC. I've got a couple of Echine 400mm kits (the nice P-51 and the Corsair) which I have flown once. And it ended up in a tree and I had to bribe a kid to climb the offending tree and get it. Shortly after that I got in an accident and ended up with a concussion, which ended my flying adventures for now. Staring up at the sky and moving with a concussion = bad, ya know?

But I got some money for free (bonus from my boss) and I maaaaay have bought my first tank. When SWMBO asks; My browser froze, and in my frantic old-man-clicking to unfreeze it I accidentilly bought the Heng Long 1/16 scale Sherman with the all metal gear... At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it... ;-)

It should come in in about a week, and until then I will be browsing this forum, looking at Youtube videos and planning the weathering and upgrading. I've seen the work some people did on theirs, and I already ordered a new resin crew...

TTFN
    Rob

Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Hello Rob, welcome to the forums. Sorry to read about your concussion. Having suffered a couple of concussions I do have to say, give it time. The brain is an odd organ and with some time there's a good chance you'll see some progress and may be able to look into the sky at rapidly moving objects. I had some issues that have cleared up over the course of years.

Which brings us me to another thing you brought up. If you were born in 1970 and calling yourself old, you might be surprised at how old some of the other users are in these forums. 50 something is not old, and there are probably a few people herr who were already deep into their lives in 1970. I wasn't, I'm closer to your age but I'm leery of calling myself old yet, out of respect for my elders. Now if you graduated secondary school or university in 1970 ,yeah you're old enough to call yourself old.🙂

Welcome to the forum and let us know how you're enjoying your accidentally ordered tank. I know how it is, I have quite a few planes that were inadvertently ordered or sent by mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
      Welcome to the forum and let us know how you're enjoying your accidentally ordered tank. I know how it is, I have quite a few planes that were inadvertently ordered or sent by mistake.
      Yeah, don't you hate when that happens? I have an attic full of "styrene-based insulating" that kinda happened in the same way... And yes... I guess you're as old as you feel... It varies... some mornings I feel older than others...

TTFN
      Rob
      Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

Ha! Well welcome to the forum of old people with toys! And you're correct, it is all relative. Yesterday I felt youngish, today not so much.

Comment

Working...
        X