X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious question

Well, I've sold a large chunk of my "unwanted styrene loft insulation". Aka my stash of static model kits. I've spend a lot of time at home the last year-and-a-half, and I hardly touched them. So off they went! First pondered selling them one by one on the various forums and sales websites, but the hassle of advertising, haggling (Ye gods, I HATE the haggling...) and posting of stuff made me pause.

Then I remembered a mate from one of the forums who LIVES for the haggle... So I offered them to him as a lot. Had a price in my head, let him make the first offer... Score!! His offered topped my price by a fair chunck, so next Friday I am bringing him a car-load of model kits.

Now to the serious question; If one would buy a -fourth- tank, what would one go for, considering one already owns a Sherman/Firefly, Panzer IV and KV-1...?

TTFN,
    Rob
    Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

You shoulda posted this in "Tanks"!

Depends on what you want it for. The M41 and the T34 are excellent rough and tough battlers. Medium sized, so their batteries last longer, with wide metal tracks, sprocket and idler wheels for hard driving in dirt. They'll leave the Sherman and Pz IV in the dust...literally! However, if you're just looking for scale models that also run, any tank you like will do. If you want a good dirt performer but want to add in more power, the King Tiger is great. Heavy but with wide tracks. Modern tanks are good too, but due to their size, they'll need more power to perform well.

Or, buy them all! I'm working that direction too.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Update; after some pondering I had a shortlist; Leopard 2A6 or a T34-85 (provided I could find one that was still running V6.0, because of sounds...)

Well, the Leopard 2A6 with the options I wanted sold out at EU warehouses, and I didn't feel like doing the whole customs dance with the seller to get it from China...

Couldn't find the T34-85 with the V6 board... so was browsing other options. Next on my wish list was a Tiger I or a Stug...

SWMBO; "Oooh, that's a nice one... Get that one!"

Me; "That's a King Tiger. I want that one, some day. But it's nowhere near the top of the list..."

SWMBO; "I like it. Get the King Tiger. You were gonna buy two anyway?"

Me; "But..."

SWMBO; "King. Tiger."

So, we debated for a bit. Pros and cons. Both made our points and in the end we compromised.

I'm getting a King Tiger...

(Must add; SWMBO pionted out that there was a King Tiger available with all the options I wanted, from an EU warehouse, running on a V6.0S board...)
      Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

Working...
      X